Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jr windows

re back flushing
« on: December 29, 2006, 08:16:33 pm »
Hi All,

Just bought a cheap van and a 400 ltr tank fitted with a merlin ro and di to polish it off. My tap tds is 173 and out of the ro is 002 and out of the di is 000.

I have read something about back flushing or salt washing what is this about and how often is it done?

I have done 8 detached houses on 350 ltrs of water and touch wood had no complaints as yet. I just wish the rain would stop so I can go out and have another go.

Best wishes to all and a prosperous new year to fellow shiners.

Ian Lancaster

Re: re back flushing
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:18:46 pm »
Why do you need the rain to stop?  Get yourself a decent set of waterproofs and print up some flyers saying something like:  "Today I cleaned your windows while it was raining, I do this because it is my only source of income.  Rainwater will not affect windows cleaned by WFP, but just in case there are any problems, give me a ring on ............................ and I will return and do them again at no extra charge."

Put a copy through every customer's door just before you start cleaning, that way you don't have to stand and argue when they ask why you're doing it in the rain.

Cheers,

Ian

mike richardson

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 06:04:11 pm »
ive got a merlin ro i asked richard at varitech abour reverse flushing he said it wont work,& that i shud just change my filters regulely,

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 06:15:43 pm »
I'm not sure about the Merlin, but I have one of the small type R/O's that at least look similar to the Merlin one.

To flush that one I simply pop out the waste water tubing (make sure the flow restrictor is out too) from the Membrane (s) and turn on the water for ten minutes.

Job done.

But I don't know if the same applies to the Merlin.

Oh, and mine isn't backflushed either by the way! (but it is certainly flushed)

Ian xxxxx
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES