Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Re: 2 man outfit in a transit van
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2006, 11:04:38 am »
thanks,

A 650l tank would be ok ?

It's 690kg when full

JM123

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2006, 11:38:34 am »
prob a little less as it doesn't actually hold 650ltrs, the baffles take up some of the space, closer to 600 ltrs.  But yes its fine.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2006, 01:06:48 pm »
This isnt an upright tank but its 650l flat and still plenty of room left , at presant only have 1 reel in there but will have 2 in the new year, this is all in a transit 120 - S reg

Clear Vision

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2006, 03:11:28 pm »
Chris,

How can you work out the back of the van? Do you reverse up to every house/job?

I usually just pull up along side the job and pull hose from the side loading door and work that way.

If you pull out the hose from the back door you will have to pull it against the door?

Please let me know how you manage.

Matthew

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2006, 03:47:56 pm »
never had any real problems, sometimes when the hose get near to the end it get stopped by feal itself, but its 100m so I only get near to the end on a few jobs and a couple of those if its not a busy day I can park sideways in 2 spaces  so the hose unwinds straight from the real

To be honest its not so much trouble that its even worth worrying about, I would use M/Bore though

Chris

Clear Vision

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2006, 04:35:53 pm »

To be honest its not so much trouble that its even worth worrying about, I would use M/Bore though

Chris

I allready have 100m of minibore ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2006, 04:45:50 pm »
if i get time tomorrow i'll take it off and post a pic, see i could just buy the same as the attached piccy and adapt my hoses with hoselocks but i like theconnectors i have at the mo they hold the pressure well and have bever failed until recently

The one you've pictured (the black one) seems to be the best I've come across yet for in/out the DI unit.  A bit of PTFE tape around the thread and do it up tight and not even a dribble comes out of it.  Although, unlike other makes, there is the facility to attach a spanner to it, I have found that a tight grip and just doing it up with fingers (and a cloth for grip) is good enough.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2006, 04:50:17 pm »
thanks,

A 650l tank would be ok ?

It's 690kg when full

I checked mine on a weighbridge quite some time back.  My personal preference is to allow 500kg over and above the weight of the water.  If a two man operation, maybe another 100kg.  This allows a bit of room for error.  Also, I'm not so sure that loading a van up to the maximum all the time is such a great idea purely in terms of wear and tear.
Please note that I'm not exactly a lightweight so I'vew had to be a bit more generous with payload than some people  :)

neil100

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2006, 06:49:23 pm »
Are your fittings like this? Picture below.

Mine leaked from the Blue thread,as you can see in the picture. I took them back out and put LS X on the joint followed by PTFE Tape. Not leaked since. I dont know where to buy from as the fittings where supplied by Facelift. These are high pressure fittings, the black plastic tubeing does not require an insert to make a watertight seal. LS-X was bought from B and Q.

Nel

steveaqua

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2006, 11:45:38 pm »
yes it looks like it thanks but mine is a brass fitting going onto the di vessel with the black angled plastic fitting mounted on some how, havewn't worked that out as it spins freely 360 degrees.

why a picture of the sealent though?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2006, 11:49:57 pm »
Are your fittings like this? Picture below.

Mine leaked from the Blue thread,as you can see in the picture. I took them back out and put LS X on the joint followed by PTFE Tape. Not leaked since. I dont know where to buy from as the fittings where supplied by Facelift. These are high pressure fittings, the black plastic tubeing does not require an insert to make a watertight seal. LS-X was bought from B and Q.

Nel

I have a hozelock style connection at both IN and OUT.  The threaded black single male connectors pictured earlier in the thread are the fittings that I have on BOTH sides of the DI unit.  PTFE around the threads works wonders.  You can tighten them with a spanner if you wish as they have the hexagonal shape to take a spanner but I found that a very tight finger tighten (with cloth for gripping) seems fine.  I got mine from Omnipole.  Don't know if they sell them separately as I was having a few bits done by them (including DI unit) at the time and I took a couple of sparesa with me.  Just as well because I broke one of the fittings.

steveaqua

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2006, 11:54:45 pm »
yo shiner!

the piccy i got before is of chic cleanings site, there 89p each so very cheap, if the fittings i have already turn out to be expensive then i'll go for these pictured bove just means i'll have to change my hoses which is no biggey but i guess i just like the fittings i have at the mo as they have served me well with no problems

Paul Coleman

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2006, 12:08:55 am »
yo shiner!

the piccy i got before is of chic cleanings site, there 89p each so very cheap, if the fittings i have already turn out to be expensive then i'll go for these pictured bove just means i'll have to change my hoses which is no biggey but i guess i just like the fittings i have at the mo as they have served me well with no problems

Too right Steve.  I guess that once we find a way that works for us, we tend to stick with it.  I've chopped and changed things around a few times in my first year or so of WFPing in order to make things easier.  The problem is that no matter how much is written on this forum, I found that I still had to try things and learn from my own mistakes.  Much of what was written didn't make too much sense until I experienced things for myself.

steveaqua

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2006, 12:11:34 am »
that it is!

the good thing though about using them bits you mention though is cheap carrying spares so not caught out again, i think i may give em ago ;D