Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

seansurrey

Newbie introducing myself
« on: December 23, 2006, 12:38:59 pm »
Just to say hello to everyone on this forum. What a great site for info and the way everyone seems to support each other is amazing.
I have been wcing since last March with an old family friend Just trad around Godalming Wonersh Areas and will be taking the round up when she retires after 21 years . The only thing a part of the round near Charter house she hasn't put the prices up in 20 yrs £10 4 a 4 bedroom detached in one of the most exclusive estates in the area whats more it seems they won't pay anymore then this how can I go about educating them as to the concept of inflation wages etc. The richer they are the tighter they seem to be!
Any thanks for such a top site.
Sean

Re: Newbie introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:51:55 pm »
hi sean i hope you learn alot from this site. i no i have. i work in and out of guildford so may see you around

pylofm

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 12:53:41 pm »
Hi Sean and welcome to this forum good luck with the 'round'

Cheers
Dave.

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 01:20:42 pm »
Hi Sean
Welcome to the forum, loads of good guy's and gals on here always willing to share there Knowledge.

You should have picked up a lot of good tips from someone who's been wc for 21 years, all except putting prices up.

Just tell them your new price and if they don't like it dump them, they will soon call you back when they know they won't get a four bedroom house done for £10

I had the same problem when I took over a large round that two old guy's ran for almost thirty years, the prices were way way to cheap to make a decent living with.

I took the bull by the horns (so to speak) and gave the really cheap one's two choices, some I lost and some tried to get back on my books for the above reason, But I would only take them back for the price I gave them. some did and some didn't, there loss not mine. go for it and good luck with your new venture. 'O' and Merry Christmas.

seansurrey

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 03:23:44 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement guys.Crystal clear if I see you around I will say hello to you. Once again cheers and have a Very Merry Xmas and a Profitable New Year.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 04:01:15 pm »
hi sean and welcome

david68

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 04:58:21 pm »
Hi Sean
Welcome to this amazing site.
It help my very much and also had plenty of laughs from some responces too.
Remember saftey first and the leave speed to come naturaly

Regards Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 08:06:14 pm »
Hi there and welcome!!!   ;D

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 08:31:22 pm »
hi sean, im just down the road at loxwood, near cranleigh, and would be pleased to help you in anyway i can. As said already its best to just give them the price yo want, maybe explain the way it is etc and hope for the best, if ya lose some ya lose some! not hard to get more customers, especiallly if ya do a good job for the ones who stay, and they tell their friends etc etc!
as i say gimme an email or whatever if you need a hand pricing or anything at all ;)
when I'm cleaning windows

Bazzy1999

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 09:00:12 pm »
Hi Sean and welcome and good luck with the w/c round

Bazz...

Ladders

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 10:41:35 pm »
Hi sean

Cant add anything to this good luck in alll you do and welcome to the site.
Hi Sean
Welcome to the forum, loads of good guy's and gals on here always willing to share there Knowledge.

You should have picked up a lot of good tips from someone who's been wc for 21 years, all except putting prices up.

Just tell them your new price and if they don't like it dump them, they will soon call you back when they know they won't get a four bedroom house done for £10

I had the same problem when I took over a large round that two old guy's ran for almost thirty years, the prices were way way to cheap to make a decent living with.

I took the bull by the horns (so to speak) and gave the really cheap one's two choices, some I lost and some tried to get back on my books for the above reason, But I would only take them back for the price I gave them. some did and some didn't, there loss not mine. go for it and good luck with your new venture. 'O' and Merry Christmas.
For every problem there is a solution

seansurrey

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 11:04:37 pm »
Hey what a welcome! Thanks. Mr Dennis Holden love Loxwood nice area i like the Onslow Arms many a good afternoon in there! Jeff 1 I think your spot on i can't see anyone else doing them for that price.
Cheers Guys

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 11:18:08 pm »
Hi Sean

Yeah, it's a great forum isn't it.

I know Godalming. I went out with a girl who lived there when I was in my late teens. Posh area. I remember many a great day out at Leith Hill and Box Hill.

With rich people the trick is to just say what the price will be and what you will do for the money they will be paying. Ignore what they say about how much they paid their last w/c and do not justify asking for more money. Don't say anything about how good a w/c you are. You wouldn't be there unless you were good at your job. Instead use words like 'reliable', 'professional' and 'discreet'. I don't know why 'discreet' works but it does. Keep your posture and don't negotiate on the price you have decided.

If they decline then give them a your card or flyer incase they change their minds, thank them for their time and the hardest bit of all, say no more, LEAVE and don't look back. It's important you control the conversation instead of running after what the customer says and it's important you end it also.

That strength of posture will carry itself onto the next rich potential customer. Believe me, it works.

It's not always about educating the customer, sometimes it's about educating yourself about the best way to say you want a higher price.

Cheers and good luck

macmac

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 11:07:06 am »
hi sean
i agree, this is a great forum, since finding this site myself only about 2/3 months ago my working life has become LOADS easier, both trad and wfp.just so much knowlage and help on here, i,ve had some great tips and advise that i would never have got without the gooooooood people on this forum.

as for the pricing- i think the other guys have sorted you.

good luck ;)

tony

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 06:46:31 pm »
Hey what a welcome! Thanks. Mr Dennis Holden love Loxwood nice area i like the Onslow Arms many a good afternoon in there! Jeff 1 I think your spot on i can't see anyone else doing them for that price.
Cheers Guys
my word sean...you been to the wrong pub lol, there is a much better pub in wisborough green called the cricketers arms, lovely looking female barstaff and waitreses etc. none of us drink at the loxwood local for many reasons, trust me, give the crick's a go, good grub, good beer and you'll meet up with us (maybe) hehe.
good luck with your work though m8 ;)
when I'm cleaning windows

seansurrey

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 01:48:08 am »
Ah Mr Dennis Holden I know Wisborough very well indeed used to be fairly regular at the 3 crowns back in the day. Mr holden if I may ask I have lost touch with a couple of friends there. If you would be as kind as to ask Mr John Lumsden if it's possible to pass on Rick and Jules phone no to me I would be forever in your debt also maybe a certain Mr Richard Trew if still in area.We were all once working together for the Sinclairs chain of fish and chips. If you can help my email is sean1hill@btinternet.com many many thanks.

poleman

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2006, 02:35:57 am »
Bold is the word used here if you have low prices, I had them for to many years WHY never put the price up once BUT you have to do your sums! 1st of any new work give your self a min price (we have gone for 15 pounds) 2nd make sure the price goes up each year and 3rd if you have the balls, double the price  :o BUT word it right! and if you lost 50% of the work then your on the same income, which then gives you a good business and frees up more work at better prices and the iceing on the cake would be a WFP  ;)

Andy   

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 06:40:55 am »
Cheers Guys
my word sean...you been to the wrong pub lol, there is a much better pub in wisborough green called the cricketers arms, lovely looking female barstaff and waitreses etc. none of us drink at the loxwood local for many reasons, trust me, give the crick's a go, good grub, good beer and you'll meet up with us (maybe) hehe.
good luck with your work though m8 ;)

Aah yes.  Wisborough Green.  Pretty looking place.  There used to be a bed wholesaler down there as I recall.  Got a bed from that village about 15 years ago.  Only ever passed through village though.  I've never stopped (except to get that bed).

macc

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 01:07:14 pm »
Welcome mate, welcome to the forem of nutters, LOL.

This is a great forem that i found a year ago. The advise & tips are tops,  ;D

Macc