Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil100

Whats the Best Way To Set Up A VAN tank SET UP?
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:01:27 pm »
THe system on my van which was fitted by Facelift Goes,

Tank to Pump to DI tank to Hose Reel.

Is everyone elses the same?

The reason I ask is, I have done exactly the same set up with my sons tank. He only as a Lay Flat 400ltr tank. The hose reel sits above the tank with 100 mtrs of M/Bore.

We seam to be having problems with airlocks though their is not a single leak. An air lock forms before the DI vessel, I can see it grow through the clear reinforced hose, I think that happens because water is travelling back into the tank which is lower then the top of the DI tank. All to do with water finding its own level I suppose.

Would it make any diffrence if I went  Tank to DI vessel to pump to Hose reel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nel.

macmac

Re: Whats the Best Way To Set Up A VAN tank SET UP?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 07:07:33 pm »
ditto, i am exactly the same as you mate, had mine going 3 years and i do frequently get air into the system.all i have to do to get rid of it is turn pump up to full to start with , then back down again.it's always done this but just put up with it. :)

JM123

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 10:12:04 pm »
ok guys, the main reason I recommend di before pump is this, the di vessels are prone to creep stress, I'll not go into it in too much detail but essentially creep stress is stress fractures caused over a period of time buy pressure/shear forces and so on.  Also if you fit a strainer with 40mesh it will prevent any resin getting through (finest resin available is 50).

It shouldn't matter that the vessel head is higher than the water level in your tank as the pumps are sealed and therefore when not in use should form an airtight seal preventing water in the pipes from moving back and forth.  Check all your connections again and if the problem still occurs then change the fittings, especially any hozelock fittings as these are mass produced for use in garden applications and are not designed and produced in such a way that will give you an airtight seal every time.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

macmac

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 08:17:36 am »
cheers jm

all my fittings are hozelok, in/out of pump box + in/out of di .will change. ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 08:25:51 am »
The best fittings to use for your DI vessel are Nito 1/2" they are a lot more expensive than hozelock but do not leak, whilst still providing easy connectivity.

Alex

Davie T

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 09:03:26 am »
When your hozelock connections are in place, close them tightly together and tape over the connection.  This keeps and maintains the seal and prevents movement that can cause air to enter the system.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 09:27:30 am »
All liquid pumps need to be "primed", filled with water, to work.

Now if your pump is ABOVE the tank then it is drawing (sucking) water up and will definately neeb to be primed.  I think the pumps we use for delivery are "self primers" they will draw the water up from emty but, as Mac says, you need to wack it up untill the pump is full.  Them as JM says iff the seals in the pump and connectors are good when you stop the pump the water should not fall back down.

You shouldn't get many problems if your pump is at the bottom of the tank.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 11:47:35 am »
The best fittings to use for your DI vessel are Nito 1/2" they are a lot more expensive than hozelock but do not leak, whilst still providing easy connectivity.

Alex

Do you stock them Alex?  They don't show on a search of your site.

cheers,

Ian