Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*thomas james

z New
« on: December 19, 2006, 10:21:29 pm »
a

AuRavelling79

Re: cheerypicker or wfp
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 10:23:01 pm »
Maybe they were builders cleans or cleans with long intervals between them? (a year or more?)
It's a game of three halves!

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 10:32:35 pm »
I did a builders clean using my WFP. I should of used a picker , it took 3 times as long to get the windows anything like clean. If I had used a picker I could of saved loads of time

JohnL

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 10:38:10 pm »
Considering the usual c**p on windows how can you do a builders clean with WFP?
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 10:39:20 pm »
Lots and lots of water

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 11:04:34 pm »
we work in the south and have had a lot of work come in for the use of Hydraulic Platforms as people not happy with wfp's results.

we do both but there seems to be a change back in the favor of hydraulic platforms of recent.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:49:41 am »
i would agree,

one wfp customer on the first visit said what are you doing, we said cleaning the windows he said would you pay some one to clean your car from 20ft let alone 50ft away.

we know do the job from a platform less cleans a year slightly more money per visit but they said much better job windows stay cleaner and less visits so less disturbance to the customer.

charlie

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 08:24:54 am »
one wfp customer on the first visit said what are you doing, we said cleaning the windows he said would you pay some one to clean your car from 20ft let alone 50ft away.
charlie

But is he cleaning your car up a 50ft ladder?? Isn't WFP designed for H&S?

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Davie T

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 08:44:14 am »
What's wrong with WFP from a platform?   It would cover all the points as discussed and the windows would stay clean for longer

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 10:18:36 am »
charlie I suppose no one knows better than you as you are doing it day in day out,but is it hard to break into this area with the cost of  hiring the equipment against the big guys who own their own.

The hire side of access plant is becoming very competative as it is used in so many aplications now and there are so many firms poping up all over the place.

I kNow of a company where you can get a 20m machine brand new to hire for £99 a day. i would say that this machine would do all windows that could be done with wfp.

So it would depend on the job you could give them both options.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 10:23:08 am »
charlie

But is he cleaning your car up a 50ft ladder?? Isn't WFP designed for H&S?

WFp or cherry pickers (ladders!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well maybe you just said it all when you mentioned it was designed for health and safety.

If you can clean the windows to a higher standard at height using other safe methords customers will want that.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 10:27:00 am »
What's wrong with WFP from a platform?   It would cover all the points as discussed and the windows would stay clean for longer

Nothing i would say except you have the cost of both then, you should never have pipes or houses hanging from a platform cage or use a long pole in a cage as it moves the weight from within the working area of the platform. this could easily cause the platform to fall over.

Davie T

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 01:16:46 pm »
Re previous post.

The idea of using a cherrypicker and WFP is to assist the WC to access the windows at a proper working level ( wherever that may be) and work with a WFP, not work way below the window level and use the pole by extending it to the high level.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 06:38:48 pm »
would say that is fine we do it on a big glass wall we clean as it has hundreds of clips that you have to keep scriming if you use trad.

We have hoses run through the arms on are machines so no hanging and trailing hoses.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 06:59:14 pm »
Why not put 1 or 2 barrels and a pump box in the platform?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 07:04:29 pm »
the weight of the water would over load the platform cage most have a max weight of 270 kg or two men plus tools and on smaller machines it can be just one man.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 07:15:10 pm »
 Sorry Charlie, I know vurtualy nothing about them.
Only time I ever used a Cherry Picker was when I got asked to clean a school near Grimsby.  It was about mid 90's I think.  The school hired it localy.  It was on an old Bedford Truck.  Fairly strong but it waved a bit and bloody nearly put the thing through a plate glass window.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 07:17:45 pm »
They have come on loads in the last 10 years they are still not forgiving to glass though.....