Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steveaqua

How much would you rent a round for?
« on: January 02, 2007, 12:21:58 am »
I've been offered a nice round to rent for 12 months and was wondering if anyone else has rented before and what is the sort of going percentage for this?

Clear Vision

Re: How much would you rent a round for?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 08:06:46 am »
I wouldn't pay a penny for it!

Get your own round.

BUT, if your new to the job and don't have any experience then I think it could be a great idea. You could treat it as a stepping stone.

If you do rent a round I would reckon a 1/10 of the monthly turnover would be more than enough to pay.

I'm sure there will be people who dissagree with me, but thats just my opinion!

Matthew

steveaqua

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 10:31:36 am »
i have got my own round!

but this is worth an additional 4k every four weeks and is all very well priced and doesn't take long to do, how could you so be ignorant to snub that kind of work?

Surely there are guys out there that have rented rounds for a percentage, whats the going rate??

P®oPole™

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 11:49:40 am »

Hi Steven,

I have rented rounds before and still do to a degree, I have paid allsorts of % from 15%-40%. 40% is high you might say but if you saw the figures I can be sure you wouldnt think that it depens what the work is, were it is.

15-20% would be average for you normal sort of round.

Pro

macleod

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 11:54:08 am »
i was talking with a friend who rents in london, he pays about £80 for £1000 monthly so thats about 10%
the round is well established, and has been rented by a few different people over the years.
this was all domestic, is yours domestic too?

mac

P®oPole™

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:57:07 am »
Totally depens on an area, if he was working the west end with prices ranging from £40 right up to £150 per house (sometimes higher) theres no way he would only pay %10 considering £1000 would only be about 2days work ;)

Steve 15% is not bad if the works good, how much has he offered it to you for?

ProPole

steveaqua

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 12:24:55 pm »
cheers guys these are the type of answers i was looking for, its around 30% he wants i was thinking of knocking him a little  ;D, it would only take two guys 5 days to do all this work so its not bad pay at all even at 30% but i'm thinking more along the lines of 20-25% for the work if i can get it.

Off the subject a little but it was first day back at work today from having two weeks off, i went and cleaned a hotel which took 3 hours, i was kackered after had to come home for a couple of hours kip,  :o ;D normally breeze this hotel,couldn't beleive it must be all this excessive eating i've done. gotta pull my finger out though as i've got a s*it load of work todo over the next 2 weeks

steveaqua

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 12:43:13 pm »
this was all domestic, is yours domestic too?

mac
about 60% domestic & 40% commercial

P®oPole™

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 04:06:32 pm »

Off the subject a little but it was first day back at work today from having two weeks off, i went and cleaned a hotel which took 3 hours, i was kackered after had to come home for a couple of hours kip,  :o ;D normally breeze this hotel,couldn't beleive it must be all this excessive eating i've done. gotta pull my finger out though as i've got a s*it load of work todo over the next 2 weeks

No thats old age mate ;D

steveaqua

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 04:42:29 pm »
now how did i know that was coming  ::)

not very original Pro  ;)

* mike RH

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 12:40:38 pm »
How does renting a round work? What happens if you get some new customers? Or lose some?

Sounds a good idea if the work is good - cheaper than buying a round, unless you've got the time to build a round.

supernova77

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 01:25:33 pm »
I guy I know rents out parts of his round... He simply charges 20% of all takings.

Andy

steveaqua

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 01:52:24 pm »
How does renting a round work? What happens if you get some new customers? Or lose some?

Sounds a good idea if the work is good - cheaper than buying a round, unless you've got the time to build a round.
basiclly this round has been estaclished for around 10 years, and it is regular and reliable as clock work they guy is going travelling for 12 months, i have the resources and the man power to easily do this work as well as my own so it makes sense until i have built up a lot more work which will happen in the next 6-12 months so my income will go up by another 39k approx over 12 months...if they ain't worth doing then i don't know what is  ;D

Dave hook

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 07:56:50 pm »
In the north west we pay £25 for every £100 cleaned and get 3 weeks a year free rent, comes in handy around xmas!!
Money makes my world go round!

* mike RH

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 10:45:24 am »
Sounds good. I guess there's a certain amount of trust issues involved, with goodwill and customer rapport etc.