Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_G

brush info please
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:43:27 am »
I think it is time for me to replace my brush. I have got an ionic pole and brush at the mo, will any brush fit on the end or does it need adjustment. I have looked at the vikan brush but would like to know if I should get pencil jets or fanjets? Or is there an all together better brush out there? My work is commercial and domestic but no higher than second floor.

Count Phil

Re: brush info please
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 11:28:34 am »
Anything is better than the ionics brush (in my opinion). Try a few to find one you like as everyone has there own preference. If you like the ionics stick with it. There cheap cheap and light. Fans are a preference thing. You just have to try them.

marc al

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 12:08:24 pm »
  Try an addis sweeping brush head and stick your own jets in it, 3-50 fron the local DIY shop, I use the hard bristle ones and never have a problem with any stubbon bird muck.

Marc

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 07:10:11 pm »
I have to say i am not impressed with the ionics brush. Most people I see have got vikan so i thought i might try that.

rhys11

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 07:57:13 pm »
i think ionics brush are rubbish,i use  vikan brushes find them so much better. ;)
rhys

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 08:00:24 pm »
Where is the cheapest place to buy a vikan brush? Would like to try one out. Also what are those cill brushes of thiers like?

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 10:59:25 pm »
I have an ionics brush and think its rubbish.
My prefered brush is Vikan with omnipole pencil jets.
But the double trim brush with pencil jets is also good.
but for me i prefer the vikan.
Im not a big lover of fan jets i have them in one of my brushes and dont really like them.

but i think brushes and jets are a personal choice they all work well it just down to what you prefer.

Paul

craig jwc

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 09:17:17 pm »
I find the new Vikan brush better than the old one.

It has no red rubber around the edge and the bristles aren't flocked.

I think i saw a posting saying the bristles are shorter making it hard to get in the corners, but i haven't found a problem. Mine came fitted with 2mm jets.

Craig