Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevef

French doors with railings in front
« on: December 15, 2006, 04:41:08 pm »
Dose any one have any tips on cleaning French doors with railings in front using WFP, they seem fiddly to me

ray l

Re: French doors with railings in front
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 04:43:10 pm »
Do the top half of the doors first.

Then but your brush in between bars for each door.

I have 5 or 6 like this and there all ok .

Ray

stevef

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 04:58:01 pm »
Thanks Ray

I thought thats how I would do them. I have priced them as two windows so I should be fine

dai

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:58:18 pm »
Yes if you turn the brush sideways to go between the bars, no problem.
One word of caution with these. If you use and angle adapter or anything with a metal screw near the top, tape over it. Anything sharp will take the paint off the railings and make a right mess. These are usually galvanised and painted after.
The paint comes off very easy. One more thing, make sure your cones/clamps are tight. If your pole lets the brush turn when it's behind the bars, you get a hell of a job getting your brush out. Dai

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 05:01:28 pm »
I don't know what supplier is doing them but they now do a railing brush just for that type of work.

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 05:02:56 pm »
Gardiners sell a swivel vikan brush head which is ideal for windows/doors with railings!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Wozza

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 05:08:59 pm »
The swivel brush is great for jobs like this, I got one due a few jobs I have like you guys...but with this new brush head it makes life simple.

wozza ;)

stevef

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 05:12:42 pm »
I do have one of Gaz's swivel brushes but was not sure how using this would help, I might just give it a try though

macmac

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 07:04:55 pm »
i usually revert to trad for these, but have to say i don't own a swivel brush.way up, is it worth the hassle of pi**ing about trying to do them wfp?? :-\

EasyClean

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 07:22:52 pm »
It's dead easy! Scrub 1st between the railings with the brush sideways, then turn the angle of brush to normal position and srub top of frame, then sides, then accessible glass until you reach the railing and just move the brush slowly from one side of the glass to the other allowing time for the water to run down to the bottom and a quick sweep along the sill to remove any debris. Beats going up a ladder doing it traditional (not an intentional dig at trad). It's a bit awkward and unusual to start with but you soon get use to it!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 07:49:40 pm »
be carefull the doors dont open.done a few wooden frames and the door open.could not get brush out quickly water every were.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 08:24:08 pm »
i usually revert to trad for these, but have to say i don't own a swivel brush.way up, is it worth the hassle of pi**ing about trying to do them wfp?? :-\
How would you go about doing them trad??? Etension pole??   ??? ???   :D

matt

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 08:24:53 pm »
i do a few

just do the tops and let the water run down the glass to the bottom , been doing them for over 2 years now and not had a complaint

pjulk

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 09:41:47 pm »
I hate these i get my ladders off and do traditional.
Thank god i only have 2 and im not taking anymore on.

Paul

macmac

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 10:57:19 pm »
ditto paul griffin ;)

seanmcshane

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 12:35:01 am »
why take on headaches?
any awkward work does not get priced.

H h20

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 09:43:35 am »
I use this small brush and this handy little swivel adapter it pivots left and right,it just screws inbetween the brush and neck so it can be removed easily ,it is also available in white,Gaz  ;)

poles apart

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 10:32:00 am »
Gaz I want one!
Rod

steveaqua

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 11:32:06 am »
i've used both the ionic head and vikan to do these, fits between the railings no probs and you can scrub all parts of the doors no worries!!

steveaqua

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 11:50:12 am »
Stevef is that house in Milton Keynes? looks identical to a few houses that i clean