Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Made a boo boo told a porky and came away with an extra £5
« on: December 15, 2006, 04:50:39 pm »
Today I had to do a customer a Sir and the local Magistrate, he always greets me with a hand shake but this guy 3 months ago was Adamant  I wasn't going to clean his windows with wfp when I change over in January 07.

I pulled up outside his house and filled my bucket with warm water, went to get my detergent and found I had left it at home on the kitchen window sill after I topped my bottle up last night. There's my boo boo.

I had a choice travel 3 miles back home or ask the customer for a bit of fairy liquid, and I didn't want to do either so I plotted a plan in my head and this is what I did.
Had a chat with him and handed him the leaflet on wfp that I had downloaded from here, told him to have a read so we could chat more about it when I had finished.

I started to clean his windows with plain simple warm tap water, I applied little pressue to my blade, detailed and finished off with microfibre, I was amazed at the result, I have never cleaned windows with just plane tap water before. now this account is every 12 weeks and are always filthy when I get there.

I got to the front of the house (I always start this one at the back) and had just finished his open pourch area when he came out for a chat, I asked him what he thought about the wfp idea and I could see he wasn't over joyed at the idea, so this is were my porky came in, the open porch  area I do both sides of the glass, I said to him what do you think of the porch windows as they have been done using just purified water (oops!) he stood back looked at the windows and replied and thats the results using pure water? Yes I said, he replied then please do mine with your water pole. Yipee! converted him with tap water. He paid me and gave me an extra £5 with thank you for your hard work and merry christmas.

This was the only customer I had any negativity from when I mentioned that I was changing to wfp, but now I have 100% yes's from my customers to wfp.

Below are a couple of pictures of the front of his place, showing the pourch area and the windows that convinced him to change.

s.hughes

Re: Made a boo boo told a porky and came away with an extra £5
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 05:04:59 pm »
nice house

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 05:05:39 pm »
Jeff,

Nice account mate, but when you do them with a WFP, make sure you do the top sections of a couple of the sashes first, then return to clean the bottom section; just to allow the drips to run off the top section first.

You may also have to change the angle of the brush head to a slightly more obtuse angle to get under the frame of the top section first.

I had very little resistance to WFP when I changed over; maybe lost three accounts; but then I do just tops only (mostly); but plan to go 100% WFP in the New Year.

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 05:13:29 pm »
Thanks Tosh, Tips noted and I will do it that way, Like I said this was the only guy who gave a little resistance to me changing over.
I do plan to do tops and bottoms from day one and the only reason I'm doing it this way is I have a 250 ltr tank and the furthest jobs are about 5 miles from me, so if I do run out of water its not that far to travel or lunch time I can top up.

Maybe next year I'll do a diary like some of the other guy's to show the type of houses I do, quite a few big ones like the one in the picture.

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 06:29:53 pm »

Lovely house! Encourage him to let the ivy grow....by next summer you'll have 3 less windows to clean. ;D

macmac

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 06:50:29 pm »
well done jeff
sometimes i have to tell a few porky's with wfp like, a 40quid job done in half hour and they say things like "thats 80 quid an hour your on"!! then i have to explain how expensive it is to purify water so i'm not actually making any more money (and the likes) ;D

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 07:23:11 pm »

Lovely house! Encourage him to let the ivy grow....by next summer you'll have 3 less windows to clean. ;D
He's the local Magistrate  ;D do you think I'm daft  ;D ;D
well done jeff
sometimes i have to tell a few porky's with wfp like, a 40quid job done in half hour and they say things like "thats 80 quid an hour your on"!! then i have to explain how expensive it is to purify water so i'm not actually making any more money (and the likes) ;D

Thats what worries me, the one below is £65 and takes me an hour on my own, when i do it wfp its going to cut the time down. suppose i could always hide in the woods for half hour and have a cupa. ;D

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 08:23:03 pm »
Nice house mate, btw did you make that ladder yourself???  if so very classy!!!!   :-* :-* :-*    ;)

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 08:44:03 pm »
Nice house mate, btw did you make that ladder yourself??? if so very classy!!!! :-* :-* :-* ;)
If you mean the wooden one  ;D then yes I did, its a few years old now, and worth its weight in gold.