Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

U.S. wfp USER

Modular pole storage
« on: December 15, 2006, 11:15:13 pm »
I really like the idea of having a 60' pole that weighs on 3.5kgs, but what do you guys do with all those sections when transporting?  Seems like it takes up a lot of valuable space in a vehicle.  There are a couple modular poles available in the U.S. but they have not caught on in popularity.

Thanks.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

H h20

Re: Modular pole storage
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 08:47:48 am »
The poles are actually carbon fishing poles and the sections fit inside each other then there are the bottom sections usually about 3 that are the same diameter so tyou normally have 3 or 4 pieces to store,heres a pic of one of my poles it was a 16 metre but you have to remove the first 3 sections has they are too thin, i managed to buy mine without the 3 thin sections and got a good discount to,the green tubes are storage tubes to keep then from getting damaged ,  ;D,Gaz

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 11:58:27 am »
Hi US wfp User,

The modular pole really does not take up much space at all here is a picture of a 45ft all packed up in it's hold all.

A 60ft one will only take up a slightly more space, it comes in a slightly larger hold-all.

Alex

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 12:59:47 pm »
The poles are actually carbon fishing poles and the sections fit inside each other then there are the bottom sections usually about 3 that are the same diameter so tyou normally have 3 or 4 pieces to store,heres a pic of one of my poles it was a 16 metre but you have to remove the first 3 sections has they are too thin, i managed to buy mine without the 3 thin sections and got a good discount to,the green tubes are storage tubes to keep then from getting damaged ,  ;D,Gaz

So you dont actually use the top 3 sections of a stock pole set up?  Why is that?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

H h20

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 01:53:29 pm »

So you dont actually use the top 3 sections of a stock pole set up?  Why is that?
No because they are way too thin,if you look at any fishing pole the first 3 sections are like a whip,Gaz

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 02:07:16 pm »
Gaz.

Email me info on your brushes.  prismwindowcleaning@yahoo.com
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground