Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Just another day
« on: December 15, 2006, 05:57:44 pm »
Left the house this morning at 7.15. Hissing down with rain as usual these last 3 weeks.
It was all commercial work today, had to be done. I arrived at the first job and found out that the fleece I usually have in the van was at home. I only had the outer shell of my walking jacket with me.
The rain never let up. I was half soaked by the time I got to do the insides of the first job.
Carried on through the rain with the rest of the work. When I came to the last windows I had to get over a locked gate. Got my leg over but failed to notice my B.O.B had not cleared the top.
As I stepped down the contents of the B.O.B emptied down my left leg and into my boot.
I sat in the van, writing out my invoices, steam rising off me like a Grand National winner, I was shivering with cold.
Took the invoice into the first job, handed it to this bloke. “I’m only security mate. They have gone into receivership”. Well, he could have mentioned it when he saw me cleaning the windows.
I set off for home, cold and miserable. I was feeling quite sorry for myself. Then I saw a car wrecked at the side of the road. Police and ambulance in attendance. I thought about the Mrs and kids, realised just how lucky I am.
Home, to the luxury of a hot shower, and dry clothes. Earned just about enough to pay the telly licence. And It’s still hissing down.
Not such a bad life this window cleaning lark. Dai.