Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: Did my very first wfp clean today
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 08:15:40 pm »
Thanks Guy's I'm begining to hate christmas I want it over and done with  ;D I've had my christmas presents and I want to get out and play with them  ;D

Just told my daughter she's getting her windows cleaned this week, she nearly died of shock, ;D  she just said, dad I have to beg you normally to do my windows, I just replied give it time sweetheart it might wear off again  ;D ;D

brett walker

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 09:07:10 pm »
well done jeff  :)

and good luck

the futures bright the futures wfp  8)  ;)

may all your problems be small ones but then thats what this forums all about helping each other

regards

Brett

Pj

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 09:21:13 pm »
i have never found beading to have anything to do with what it has been cleaned with before to be honest, nor have i ever had a window stop beading nomatter how many times it has been wfp'p.i'm not saying vince green is wrong, just my experience over last 3 years wfp.i dont want you brushing away all day thinking that the beading will stop as i'm almost sure it'll make no difference.
what do the other guy's think??

good luck :D

I'm Deliberately Typing This With Capitals So You Take Notice...

A Spot Free Finish Is Not Necessarily To Do With Sheeting Or Beading Glass!

Beading Glass Will Dry Spot Free If You Clean & Rinse Properly....

Wash those top rails well.

jeff1

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 09:39:48 pm »
i have never found beading to have anything to do with what it has been cleaned with before to be honest, nor have i ever had a window stop beading nomatter how many times it has been wfp'p.i'm not saying vince green is wrong, just my experience over last 3 years wfp.i dont want you brushing away all day thinking that the beading will stop as i'm almost sure it'll make no difference.
what do the other guy's think??

good luck :D

I'm Deliberately Typing This With Capitals So You Take Notice...

A Spot Free Finish Is Not Necessarily To Do With Sheeting Or Beading Glass!

Beading Glass Will Dry Spot Free If You Clean & Rinse Properly....

Wash those top rails well.
Thanks Guy's
Will do Pj cause I know you'll be watching me  ;D ;D

poleman

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 09:48:07 pm »
WELCOME to the world of WFP  8)

THATS the good bit

Your 1st year wont be easy and at times you will think why did I change but you will never go back   ;)

Andy

Pj

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 09:53:22 pm »
So, what are you driving now, Jeff?

jeff1

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 10:33:34 pm »
WELCOME to the world of WFP  8)

THATS the good bit

Your 1st year wont be easy and at times you will think why did I change but you will never go back   ;)

Andy

Thanks Andy
In the new year I plan to buy lots of spares to be on my gaurd for any faults,but will always have the ladders to fall back on (no pun intended) ;D
I hope I  never have to climb them again for cleaning windows, but I know I have some customers in the same area were I will need my ladders to gain access to flat roofs.

So, what are you driving now, Jeff?
Still driving my mondeo estate, its out of hospital now and back on the road ;D need it for towing my caravan, so if I do get a van in the future it has to be capable of pulling it.

I am still unsure of the way to go? I could mount it all in the car 250ltr tank car specs are good for it, or I could convert my trailer that has fitted brakes.
still playing with the idea, if I use my trailer I have designed an alarm for it based on a mecury tilt switch, but first of all I have to build a lockable lid for it, to much money spent to leave it just laying about out side without protection.

I also have a lockable, ally pole carrier that cost me a free clean from one of my customers (£8) he used to be a plumber but gave it up to work in the helicopter factory here.

Just built myself a lockable pump box, but just read the spec about having air circulating around it, so I'll have to drill some more holes in it.

Does anyone know why you have to mount a varistream on the face of things? and why can't you mount it ontop of a box so the switch is facing upwards, the only reason I can see is so heat from the transistors heatsinks goes away from the pcb and not onto it. Does anyone know the answer?

zeusjazmin

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 09:03:23 am »
my first attemp was a disaster,but i can see real improvement now,i only use wfp for contract work as i think it is too much hassle on domestics

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 02:10:56 pm »
my first attemp was a disaster,but i can see real improvement now,i only use wfp for contract work as i think it is too much hassle on domestics

Zeusjazmin,

I think the backpack is great for domestic work.  Why don't you start a new post giving your problems with it and let's see if some of us 'backpack guys' can give you a few tips?

There's so many variations of useing this flexible tool, that I'm sure you'd be to get a few ideas how to use it more effectively and easier too.

Richy L

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 02:13:17 pm »
Zeusjazmin,
I agree with you. I found it too much hastle personally for my domestic customers, on commercial its great!
I do know however, Tosh swears by it, and a few ofther guys on the forum use it for all the domestic work to. I suppose it all depends what type of round you have to start off with, and how fast you are at trad!

jeff1

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 02:56:28 pm »

Zeusjazmin,

I think the backpack is great for domestic work.  Why don't you start a new post giving your problems with it and let's see if some of us 'backpack guys' can give you a few tips?

There's so many variations of useing this flexible tool, that I'm sure you'd be to get a few ideas how to use it more effectively and easier too.

I agree with Tosh about starting another post, I have just bought a backpack and would like to see the comments.