Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

vito van
« on: December 13, 2006, 02:39:08 pm »
are these good vans in genral for trad window cleaning as you can tell im gearing up for a blitz on my old vans after christmas and dont know much about the newer ones
2003 plus age group
i have the old shape transits and they are great but the war and tear is starting to catch up

P®oPole™

Re: vito van
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 04:12:32 pm »
Vito's are top vans mate, I cant fault them. Mercedes just go and go, I havent had anything go wrong with mine at all (touch wood)

The only thing I would say is that there is not much storage in the front cab wise, not even a proper glove box in there plus I hear the new vivaro comes with a cooler box in there glove >:(

They are a little bit large for trad though I think.

ProPole

rp cleaning services

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 04:28:49 pm »
i bought 03 vito van with a tucker system,no problems in four months, nice drive.

marc al

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 05:03:43 pm »
  I have a Y plate vito, I use it for wfp, but also have my triple ladder inside, had to take a headrest out though!
   Mine has done over 150000 miles and still drives fine, had to have a new wheel bearing in front drivers side last year at Xmas, sounds like the other side is starting to go now.
  Other than that no problems at all.

Marc

Wozza

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:05:29 pm »
I have a vito and they are really good vans. They drive brill and you get a loud of room in the back.

It's true about a ladder in the back...I have had a double in the back of mine...minus the head rest tho. ;)
 ;D
I now have wfp in the back and the vans still got room !

You won't be sorry if you decide to buy one.

Wozza

D woods

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 09:19:12 pm »
We brought two Vito vans 18 months ago . They have been excellent.

Skyglide

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 09:32:18 pm »
Good vans but they won't take the weight needed for a comprehensive WFP setup.

Far better to look at the VW Transporter with heavy load 1200kgs.

Chris

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 09:43:34 pm »
I have the vw 1200 , spot on van , not cost me a penny in a year , my only grumble is the length of it , maybe i wll get the lwb next time , i dont mind keeping the extenders and universals on the roof , but i am drawing a line at my facelift , no scrote is having that away !

Rich P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Mike_G

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 10:01:06 pm »
Old style Vitos can take up to 1060 kgs. New ones are about 950 unless you get the extra long wheel base version.