Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Gardiner Pole Systems
« on: December 13, 2006, 04:51:11 pm »
Is anyone using their superlight poles? has there been a review of wfp on this forum? I'm a newbie thinking of going into this trade and am feeling my way around so be gentle! I've had a look at Concept2o's offerings and was pretty impressed (shocked by their claims for possible earnings) and am trying to find out if this trade is as lucrative as portrayed by the manufacturers. I'm trying to put together a perfect package for myself that will be my future so have found this site very interesting!

Tristan R Clean

Re: Gardiner Pole Systems
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:05:28 pm »
Earnings depend on where u r based and many other
factors.
Where r u based?

T

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 07:13:32 pm »
Hi Dave, dont take this the wrong way, but we are all still looking for the "perfect package"  :)
I may be wrong as I was the first to adapt fishing poles, but I consider them for experienced users and maybe you should start with a basic pole first as you will have to build up a round or buy one first. But there again if you have no preconceptions you may adapt to them better than someone who already has experience.
It may take you a year to get high earnings but at least you are not going to fall off while you are learning.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:44:53 pm »
Hi DaveW,

I would second Jeff's comment. The Super-Lite Pole are great to use, but generally are aimed at either the more experienced user or those who do commercial work. Due to it's modular nature it can be a little more challenging on domestic work.

Most people start off with something like an 18ft Universal pole which will reach everything on ordinary houses and because it is light can even be used on a downstairs windows.

If wanting to reach slightly higher windows then a good 2 pole strategy would be a 24ft universal pole (for the higher stuff) and 12ft extender pole (for most of your work), as it's very light and maneuverable.

High earnings are possible, but it will take time to reach this stage. Buying an expensive WFP system will not 'automatically' get you into this bracket.

Alex

Davew

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:39:30 pm »
Thanks guys common sense really. Having no experience I am having to pick others brains and this seems the best place to do it. I intend to try and purchase the right tools for the trade 'cos it looks like I will be in this for a long time to come - if I don't go for this then I could be without a job for a long time. Once I come out or am forced out of my normal job then I am left competing with scores of eastern europeans for all the crummy factory jobs in my area. So I have decided this is the only way out and with any luck I hope to enjoy it too!

Davew

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:45:39 pm »
I must mention I have contacted a couple of local cleaners so not to tread on their toes and quite expected to be told to p*** off! But to my supprise they were very supportive and one has offered to show me his kit and explain how it works. Good blokes! I am in Wilts/ Somerset area.