Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomo

green algae
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:29:03 pm »
for those who use trolley system's and 25ltr barrels have you noticed any green algae starting to form on the underside of the container lid? i have noticed a small amount very small but i hadn't noticed this before..anyone else experienced this?

Spruce

Re: green algae
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 09:12:21 pm »
I have a trailer system and have had to  flush clean the plastic tanks several times during the summer because of algae growth aggravated by the warm weather. No problems now though.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

petetaylor56

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 09:22:31 pm »
 :)never had problem with tanks but filters gone green with algie
today i be mostly wfp

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 10:53:28 am »
If you have to clean your caps/tanks try a little Milton Sterilizing  fluid, used for cleaning babys bottles.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:01:36 pm »
If you have to clean your caps/tanks try a little Milton Sterilizing  fluid, used for cleaning babys bottles.

With a baby due at any minute, Tomo will have plenty of Milton about.

I've not had problems with my barrels, since I work hard and the barrels are kept moving, sloshing water about; therefore preventing any algae from growing.

If Tomo pulled his finger out a bit and did some work for a change, algae growing in his barells wouldn't be a problem, nor would spiders making cobwebs in his brush head.

;D

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:00:04 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 09:57:34 pm »

With a baby due at any minute, Tomo will have plenty of Milton about.

I've not had problems with my barrels, since I work hard and the barrels are kept moving, sloshing water about; therefore preventing any algae from growing.

If Tomo pulled his finger out a bit and did some work for a change, algae growing in his barells wouldn't be a problem, nor would spiders making cobwebs in his brush head.

;D

;D ;D ;D