Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

russ_clark

how do you secure your deepcell battery?
« on: December 03, 2006, 10:36:35 am »
Hi Guys
I am completing my first diy wfp set up.
I have bought sensibly ? from the main suppliers
and purchased my own van (dispatch)
now i have 99% of the kit I will be getting my tank fitted next week and an auto - elec guy to wire it in to a 110 amph deepcell battery and a split charge relay .
My question is where and how do you secure the battery so it is protected and secure in the vehicle.
Is there a purpose made battery tray or something ??
Thanks in advance
Russ
nearly there  :)

cybersye

Re: how do you secure your deepcell battery?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 10:55:42 am »
Hi Russ, until recently I used to put my battery behind drivers seat on floor in front of the van, It started to get annoying when i would have to pull the seat forward to swap it or recharge it (not a problem for you though if you have a split charge). I now have it in the back of the van for easier access, on one of the wheel arches with webbing and quick release buckle bolted to the ply panels.
Hope that helps
Simon

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 02:56:02 pm »
Personally I don't secure my battery as the flippin thing is so heavy I can't see it 's going anywhere
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

EasyClean

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 07:20:53 pm »
Go to a camping/caravan shop and buy a battery storage box which can be strapped to the floor or bolted down.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 07:44:23 pm »
Hi Russ, until recently I used to put my battery behind drivers seat on floor in front of the van, It started to get annoying when i would have to pull the seat forward to swap it or recharge it (not a problem for you though if you have a split charge). I now have it in the back of the van for easier access, on one of the wheel arches with webbing and quick release buckle bolted to the ply panels.
Hope that helps
Simon

Funny that as I used to have mine on the wheel arches but now put it out of the way behind my seat.

Charge it up once a week, swap to spare battery behind passengers seat usually Thursday.

Johnboyfree

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 07:46:22 pm »
I would talk to the Electrician whos putting it in and ask him where it should go and how best to secure it- before you take the van in,that way if you need any parts you can buy them cheaper before hand........