Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

A Little praise for Gardinerpole Systems
« on: December 04, 2006, 10:33:44 pm »
As most of you guy's  know I have been shopping for best prices for a wfp system this week and I emailed three company's with my requirements.

Out of the three company's I emailed, I had one reply and that was from Gardiner's, and that was on the same day.

I also phoned them today and the phone was answered by a young lady and not there answer machine. ;D well done Alex you must be listening to the Guy's on here.

I thought the other company's would at least reply, don't they want my money? for obvious reasons I can't name them and I wouldn't want to, but just an acknowledgment from them would have been nice.

Has anyone else had this problem with suppliers?

jouk45

Re: A Little praise for Gardinerpole Systems
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 10:42:32 pm »
i would have thought they would have jumped at you jeff flashing all that cash, usually the suppliers scout on the forums to look out for a potential buyer, jeff most of them go on holiday this time of year because its quieter in winter, if it was me i would have my phone maned  24.7 out of hours an answer machine at least,

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 10:49:18 pm »
I can't understand it Joe

one of The company's you and I spoke about by email, did email me saying they were busy and would try to get back to me the same day, that was three days ago, and still no reply.

Extremeclean

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 10:57:08 pm »
I can't understand it Joe

one of The company's you and I spoke about by email, did email me saying they were busy and would try to get back to me the same day, that was three days ago, and still no reply.

Maybe you have your answer there Jeff. Although I do agree with you that an acknowledgement would be good.  I personally gave up trying to get a reply there and then from a company who used an answerphone during normal business hours. My problem was that if there is no-one their to answer the phone for an enquiry then what would happen in the event that I had a problem with any goods supplied by them.

Rich.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 11:25:42 pm »
Rich

I phoned Gardiners today and I did expect to wait for someone to answer the phone, or even get there answer machine because of what I have read on this forum,

But I personally think Alex acted on the last topic and has improved his business on what he has read also, the phone was answered by a young lady very quickly and she was very polite and very helpful and knew what she was doing, This went a long way with me, because the other company's never even responded to my emails, I will give these othe company's one last chance tomorrow, and If I don't get a reply, Like you said how will they react if I have a problem, You would be shocked if I gave you there names.

Extremeclean

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 11:43:20 pm »
Its good to hear that Alex has taken action like you say Jeff.

Just a thought though. It wasnt too long ago that Gardiners were having terrible problems with their email. Ive had the same problem myself a couple of times with internet problems so couldnt get emails. I also know of another well known supplier who doesnt use the forums who had email probs for a long time on and off. One of the others has answered you so I take it their email is working but before you count the non replies out maybe its worth a quick call to see if they have your mail.

Theres usually an explanation for these things. if you dont get a reasonable one then of course make your own judgement on wat future dealings might be like.

Rich.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 08:04:30 am »
Good point Extremeclean. Emails can still be very unreliable.  There seem to be too many things that can go wrong between someone sending an email and the other person receiving it.  However, why do we always seem to receive all of our spam emails?

As to answer-phones, we would love to have someone answering the phone 100% of the time, but currently we still have to rely on an Answer-Machine some of time, as other duties such as , postal runs, packing etc can take up quite a bit of time.

Alex

TDW

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 09:09:55 am »
Your prices seem very reasonable and you always get back to me when I leave a message. Keep up the good work!

TDW