Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

arwyn evans

starting out now
« on: December 02, 2006, 08:10:54 pm »
hi all, managed to get most of my equipement,(trad)
 ive had 4 customers today , mums, mums friend e.t.c, going doorknocking tomorrow on the same estate (60+ houses)my question is, am i being reallistic getting many customers before xmas , do i just carry on with the doorknocking for the forseable future ,
just wondering what u guys thought ;)

simon knight

Re: starting out now
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 08:16:14 pm »

Pre-Xmas the best time....they all want nice windows for when the in-laws come on boxing day.

Best of luck mate!

marc al

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 08:19:30 pm »
  I started on December 1st, just get stuck in.

Marc

pylofm

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 08:23:59 pm »
Hi I am a newbie like yourself and I am activly advertising this month but no different to any other month.....Bills are bills and they need paying... ;D

Good Luck...

Cheers
Dave.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 08:29:51 pm »
Had a customer phone me today, and she asked if I can you do her windows before christmas. ::) I only did them three weeks ago. But mother is coming for christmas. cost you double for a special journey, thats fine I need them done. Thing is I have to pass through her village to get to the next one I'm doing. ;D ;D

So go for it arwyn, like has already been said they love clean windows for christmas.

Very best of luck to you.

wimbledonhandyman

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 08:44:18 pm »
Hi all,

I have been looking at all the tips on this site for a few weeks now and have decided to go WC'ing as a new start in life. I spent 27 years with my ex-employer (left on my own with a package deal so got some security for the time being) and am now looking forward to the freedom it will bring after all those years of problems and politics in my previous job as a building manager!

I have my equipment on order for delivery next week and thought this would be the best time of year to start. I'm looking forward to picking up the jobs over the cold months as it ain't gonna get any worst and the way I figure it, working for myself next summer will be brilliant being free as a wage slave for somebody else.

So thanks to all that have contributed to the various posts, it has been invaluable to me for this new start in what I see as good life if you are prepared to work hard and give it your best shot.

Steve :)

CARPE DIEM QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.....

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 08:48:20 pm »
Hi Steve
And good luck to you,with your new venture, like you said work hard and you will reep the benefits.

Are you going to be Traditional or wfp?

wimbledonhandyman

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 08:57:52 pm »
Hi Jeff,

I'm going to start off trad but I have an open mind on these issues. Where I live it's mainly domestic house and there are lots of them, some small and some rather large ones in the posh bits!

Steve

julianbiggs

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 09:04:29 pm »
The key is to be patient and professional...do a really good job at every house and rest assured they will recommend you to their friends and family. I started 18 months ago. started with 2000 flyers. I only ever posted 300 of them and now ive got a full 4 week calendar month of work....ive also got rid of over 40 customers since i started underquotes, awkward,bad payers,too far away, ****holes.......if i could give you two bits of advice they would be... never underquote just to get the job...you'll regret it later on...and,  do all the sills, frames and doors included in the price...charge more, takes longer but you will need fewer customers long term and a window cleaner who does sills, frames and doors is as rare as rocking horse sh** !!!
They will be very impressed.

wimbledonhandyman

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 09:07:58 pm »
Cheers Julian - noted!

thanks,
Steve