Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

control valves
« on: December 03, 2006, 02:11:38 pm »
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Been lookin at most of the main wfp sites for a "simple" but durable on/off shut off vavle to connect to my pole hose(8mm O/D) Any help would be soo appreciated. Hope ya all enjoyin ya day off  ;)

batterbee

Re: control valves
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:21:17 pm »
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Been lookin at most of the main wfp sites for a "simple" but durable on/off shut off vavle to connect to my pole hose(8mm O/D) Any help would be soo appreciated. Hope ya all enjoyin ya day off  ;)

Hi Dino

Try this link www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=299 might be wot your after.

I us a Peter Fogwells auto brush and find it an excellent bit of kit, it has a water on & off valve on the brush. Here's a link for this www.window-tools.com/auto.htm
Regards

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

Pole2pole

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 02:24:36 pm »
kinda what i'm after mate. looks bulky though, or is that picture deceptive? Thanks for your help anyways. I'll look into that.

S.A.J

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 02:42:11 pm »
Not suse if this is what your after, but have a look anyway.

http://www.brodexbms.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=6

Stuart
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

paul mather

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 02:48:54 pm »
If you go into any plumb centre or large B&Q  look in the plumbing section for a gas control valve, should set you back anywhere between £6 to £9, alternatively you could buy one fron Gardiners, her's the link,

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

They are called pole control flow valves. The ones that Gardiners sell include 2 small plastic inserts, that you put inside the ends of the 2 pieces of pipe, they make the hose a little more rigid so that it holds it's shape when tightened up.

My advice would be to get a couple, as I have just had replace mine after about 5 months of use, eventually the yellow switch falls off.

Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 03:13:15 pm »
Hi Paul, The yellow 'switch' as you call it is held on with a small screw, the simplest thing to do is to screw the 'switch' back on with a small self-tapper screw, doesn't come undone again.

Alex

Pole2pole

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 03:33:34 pm »
If i'm not mistaken, the gardiner valve is for hose with 9 to 10 mm OD. I did see that earlier, but discarded it for that reason  :( I could buy the above hose, but that sounded a bit extreme.

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 04:51:03 pm »

Pole2pole

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 04:58:02 pm »
That's the baby, John. Thankyou bud. Thanks all of you. God i love this place  :D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 05:14:27 pm »
Quote from: batterbee link=topic=28747.msg221067#msg221067

Hi Dino

... ... ...

I us a Peter Fogwells auto brush and find it an excellent bit of kit, it has a water on & off valve on the brush. Here's a link for this www.window-tools.com/auto.htm
Regards

John

I use an autobrush too.

John are you using the new valve or the original type on yours?
It's a game of three halves!

john tomkins

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 05:57:40 pm »
I just started with an autobrush too but its the older valve, only think he is trialling the new one as yet

batterbee

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 06:37:13 pm »
Quote from: batterbee link=topic=28747.msg221067#msg221067

Hi Dino

... ... ...

Regards

John

I use an autobrush too.

John are you using the new valve or the original type on yours?

I've just this week started using the new valve, seems to be OK no problems with it yet, although to get it to fit on my original brush i had to fix it so you have to tap the right side first to start it so as you can imagine that took a little getting us to.

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 06:44:43 pm »
My advice would be to get a couple, as I have just had replace mine after about 5 months of use, eventually the yellow switch falls off.

Also, fit a tennis ball to either side of the valve.
This limits the amount of damage that occurs whilst it is being dragged along the ground.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 08:34:02 am »
Hi Dino,

when buying the 8mm valve from Screwfix, make sure that you also get the right size inserts for the end of the flexible hose otherwise you may get the hose popping out when the valve is turned off.

Alex