Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanwave

Unger ErgoTect tool belt
« on: November 08, 2006, 05:38:31 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking at getting one of these but I can't tell from any of the pictures whether you can attach your boab strap or pouches to it (i've got the 2 ettore pouches that come with a thin belt but want to attach the pouches to a better (padded) belt).  The Unger belt looks too wide to be able to fit this stuff onto it. 

Does anyone have this belt and can you fit other makes of kit to it, or only Unger ?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Matt

Re: Unger ErgoTect tool belt
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 05:51:14 pm »
Matt, I use the Unger Ergotech belt and it's good since it's padded and doesn't cut into you; it's very comfortable.

You could fit any bucket on a belt onto it, but because of its padded size, I reckon it'll only take Unger Ergotech pouches.  Even the old green Unger pouches wouldn't fit, and if they did, they'd look strange I think.

The Ergotech pouches are very good too.  Nice and big with a handy velcro pocket on the side.

I wouldn't buy the shoulder staps though.  You need to be a rocket scientist to fit them to the belt.  I couldn't work out how to fit them; no instructions; and I'm an ex squaddie whose used to 'belt kits'.  Mine are hidden under the stairs somewhere.

Also, I find all window cleaning belt kits a pain to adjust the size of the belt, particularly this time of year when you want to wear a fleece, and when you get warmer, downsize to a polo shirt.

It's a pain to re-adjust the belt size; so you either have it too tight when you're wearing a fleece or too loose when wearing a polo shirt.

I'm sure there's a better way.

datec66

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:23:26 pm »
There is a better way Tosh, I use an addidas canvass belt with a tooth like clip. You put belt in, pull to required size and then squeeze the clip to the belt ;D ;D ;D

When finished, you lift up the clip and belt comes off. All in all, about 3 seconds to do, talk about quick release ;D ;D ;D

Carl

cleanwave

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:44:18 pm »
Thanks, that's helpful - i think i might switch to ergotech pouches as well then,

Matt

adixon

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 09:51:56 pm »
I USE THE ERGOTECH POUCHES BUT REPLACED MY BELT WITH THE WINSPRAY PADDED BELT VELCRO FASTENING REALLY COMFY AND FITS WHATEVER YOUR WEARING STRAIGHT AWAY

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 08:25:05 am »
I USE THE ERGOTECH POUCHES BUT REPLACED MY BELT WITH THE WINSPRAY PADDED BELT VELCRO FASTENING REALLY COMFY AND FITS WHATEVER YOUR WEARING STRAIGHT AWAY

I thought about getting a winspray belt but i thought the velcro might where out or keep coming un done. Wouldnt lood good if you where at the top of a ladder and you suddenly dropped your belt.

How long have you had your belt and do you have this problem?    ??? ???

MartinB

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 09:37:56 am »
Have a look at the POLEKEEPER from Williamson Pumps. Email mb@williamsonpumps.co.uk for details.

adixon

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 02:32:43 pm »
Had my belt for about 2yrs the velcro is about a foot long wont come undone believe me