Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr. S

RE-CALIBRATION?
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:05:14 pm »
Re-Calibration what is it? When does it need to be done and why?

Can anybody answer these please?

Many thanks Craig

freshwater

Re: RE-CALIBRATION?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 09:08:56 pm »
Re calibrating what?

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

Mr. S

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 09:44:33 pm »
If you go onto RO-MAN website under in line tds meters, there is a bottle of calibration solution.

So i typed in a few combinations in search on this forum and didnt really understand much. When i typed re-calibrate there is a topic but not much said.

Im a bit puzzled! ??? ???

DaveBrown

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22:28 pm »
Am I right in saying this solution has a known TDS reading and can be used therefore to accurately calibrate your TDS meter?

Dave

carlfoster

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 11:13:57 pm »
Yes, I recently used this to recalibrate my TDS meter. These are electronic devices and therefore need adjusting every now and then.

Mr. S

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 11:17:40 pm »
Seems so but im still not sure how it would be done. You may well have answered some of what i asked!!! ???

Am i right in assuming then, that this would help us ascertain if our in line meter was working correctly?...... If that is the case i think the easiest solution would be to double check with another hand held tds meter, would u not agree?

Anybody enlighten us?

Mr. S

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 11:19:25 pm »
Sorry Carl think our posts crossed.

How exactly does this work please

Jon T.C.

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 11:47:46 pm »
I assume the calibration fluid is 000 tds. Therefore put your tds meter in it and check the reading is 000. If not then re-adjudt your meter via the screwthread until it does !!
Elite Cleaning Solutions

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 12:03:18 am »
Calibration fluid is 342 tds but only at 25c any lower and it rises, at 14c mine goes to 362 :-\

freshwater

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 07:40:29 am »
Calibration fluid for tds meter has a know tds. You dip your meter into it and check your meter against it. If your meter is adjustable the you can adjust it. As john says it is also affeted by temp, so read the instructions fully.

carlfoster

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 01:45:41 pm »
Do not use another TDS meter to check if yours is working. Even if it's a brand new one and been factory set, it could still be out by a few PPM. Using the fluid is the best way as you know it is exactly 342 ppm.

Only thing that worries me is, if you use the fluid to test, would it not lose some of the salt in it, or maybe some of the water until eventually it is no longer 342 ppm?

Mr. S

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 10:31:00 pm »
OK, SO NOW GETTING SOME ANSWERS!

BUT, WHAT IF TEMP IS LOW LIKE NOW HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT PPM SHOULD READ NOW? IS THERE A LEAFLET WITH SOLUTION THAT TELLS YOU WHAT PPM SHOULD READ AT EACH DEGREE CELSIUS?

ULTIMATELY SHOULD I ORDER SOME?

freshwater

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 09:32:00 am »
If you suspect your tds meter is playing up & it cost you a lot of money the get some fluid, otherwise dont bother. If it was cheap then just get another one.

Mr. S

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 11:37:37 am »
Cheers freshwater, No probs with filters or tds!

Just started this post cos i didnt understand about this calibration/re-calibration solution.

I think question been answered unless anybody got anything else to add!

Cheers once again

Craig