Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: Have just lost first job
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 08:55:05 am »
Losing your first one does hurt. But as time moves on and you build the business so you take more control of it.
We have did have one area where there must have poisoned air, everyone around there had an attitude problem. Bottom line dropped the lot, shame on the few decent ones there but the relief when you know that you not going to have to put up with all that **** again.

The next stage is taking customers to court. We have one who thinks I'm joking about the £23-50 she owes. Telephone calls, letters and slips STUCK to the front door hasn't worked so off to the County Court on Monday...and all because she wants us to do this ONE property on Saturdays only in future.
Oh, and if her 2 friends of eastern origin on the same estate decide to dump us so be it, because I can see that happening too.

Great stuff about taking the customer to court.  Best to do it through small claims court rather than county court though.  You still might not get your money and it will cost you to start court proceedings though.  At least the customer's credit rating will have a blemish on it - though they might not care if they already have adverse credit.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 08:58:00 am »
I once had a customer who irately phoned me up because I had cleaned her patio doors.  Apparently, I was supposed to have realised that she had already cleaned them and she wanted a reduction.  I asked for the full price (£6), got nothing, and moved on.  Her loss because I told every window cleaner I knew in the area of the address so none of them will touch it.

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 04:20:48 pm »
The next stage is taking customers to court. We have one who thinks I'm joking about the £23-50 she owes. Telephone calls, letters and slips STUCK to the front door hasn't worked so off to the County Court on Monday

Neil,

There might be an easier way.  Google for 'moneyclaim'; it's a government website and you can take people to the small claims court via the internet.

There's a fee to pay, but the 'loser' coughs that up as well as what's owed.

Also, even after they 'lose' and you should get your money, if you don't there's a way to get the balifs involved.  You pay upfront, and the balifs recover the money through what-ever it is they do.

Have a google first.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 05:47:06 pm »
Don't get wound up Cap'n lard just get out on yer bike for an hour and you'll feel better!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 08:00:06 pm »
There might be an easier way.  Google for 'moneyclaim'; it's a government website and you can take people to the small claims court via the internet.

Thanks for Tosh. I've put it into favorites for any future problems too

marc al

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 06:47:59 pm »
   I have in 2 years had 2 problem customers - one accused me of not cleaning all the windows and told me I should find another job as I am no good at this one!

I said nothing, taken my time and when I got the chance to quote for the house whos garden backs onto theirs, gave a low price to ensure I got the work, now the thing is they have a pool at the bottom of their garden, I would of loved to have seen their faces 3 months in  arow when they pulled back the covers to find a present floating in it - revenge is always best when calculated and served cold.

The other was politely told when he rang to see why I hadn't been to do his windows - this invovled telling him "because you are a "self pleasurer""

Marc

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 12:53:54 pm »
It happens to the best of us mate but chins up!

captain lard

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 07:37:46 pm »
Well tonight the man who lives next door to the woman who had a pop at my wife has just asked me when his are due and he has paid me up front so I havent lost him bless him.

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 05:30:34 pm »

Update: Filled the form in on line, paid the £30 and waited.
48 hours later and the phone rung with I'm paying it on line as we speak, the £23-50 plus the £30.
Damned expensive way to ignore me ;D

Cheers Tosh

Neil

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 01:54:07 pm »
result!

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 02:40:34 pm »

Update: Filled the form in on line, paid the £30 and waited.
48 hours later and the phone rung with I'm paying it on line as we speak, the £23-50 plus the £30.
d**ned expensive way to ignore me ;D

Cheers Tosh

Neil

Neil,  that's a beer you owe me, but I bet the satisfaction you feel is worth far more than the money involved.

Here, why do you start a new thread giving all the details of how you filled in your claim and the process involved, so that the rest of us can do it if the need arises.

Anyway, well done mate, and you didn't have to leave the comfort of your house to do it.

I'd probably have resorted to 'eggs', but I'm a Geordie! >:(