Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stu_thomson

greasy concrete floor
« on: October 30, 2006, 07:47:02 pm »
Hi, I have a job to quote for which is a car valeting (PDI) centre which has a very greasy oily concrete floor which has to be cleaned to a standard to enable contractors to paint it.
 My obvious concern is getting the floor clean enough to enable the paint to stick to the floor.

My plan was to use a rotary scrubber with nylon brush and heavy duty traffic lane cleaner in, scrub floor area and then wet pick up machine or scrubber dryer and possibly pressure wash as well.

Any of you guys had experiance of this work, was wondering also if after clean whether there is a primer they could put down before painting ???

regards
stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Jake

Re: greasy concrete floor
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 08:01:01 pm »
Stu

We did a large factory floor a month ago, using a rotary, scrubber, hot pressure washer and a wet pick up, If the floor has a smooth 'floated' finish, you should be ok.

We used 'Citraclean' from Greenhams.

Let the painting contractor worry about what paint to put down, they will get a whopping price for it !

Regards...............Jake
Exeter, Devon

gerrystyles

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 09:58:06 pm »
You could try Ultrapac Retnovate from Prochem

Andy Foster

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 10:15:00 pm »
Hi

Just completed a good sized warehouse floor with raw concrete on floor (not the smooth screed stuff).
Used nothing but 120 degree saturated steam and the painter was chuffed to bits with the finish.
It had a really oily finish before and now is ready for painting.

Where the oil was particularly bad I was going to use a citrus degreaser, but wasn't necessary in the end.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Splashgroup

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 06:22:13 pm »
Stu

Try using a product called Maytec 55 it can be found at http://www.eurochem.co.uk/products.php?categories_id=5

Cheers
Stuart

stu_thomson

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 06:30:12 pm »
cheers for replys guys, have now quoted for job subject to a test clean to make sure its clean enough for painters, to cover myself.
Will prob go down the road of rotary scrubbing with high alkline traffic cleaner then wet pick up, lots of electrics on walls so steam cleaning dodgy.

cheeres
stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!