Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mogy

Not quite tall enough !
« on: October 21, 2006, 09:08:36 am »
Hi All
  Simple question, lots of properties have a bay window on the  ground floor and flush with the  brickwork above, the bedroom above is usually just to high to reach the top when standing on the bay........Does anyone have a safe option ?What do  you stand on .... or do you all move the ladders along and take the extra time ?
  Mogy

tatman

Re: Not quite tall enough !
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 02:31:26 pm »
if your on about bay window at the bottom i use a plasterers crate im afraid! Trades have used them for years good for window cleaning. Wouldnt use on commerical though looks a bit naff ???

mgba_78

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 10:28:36 pm »
I use a small extendable pole, i have some like this really strange cant reach the top 30cm or so, so annoying!!!!

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 09:19:52 am »
When I was traditional I used to walk on the bay, until that is, a customer told me walking on his leaded bay roof has stressed the framework which resulted in the roof leaking.

This went to my insurance and when a structural architect and loss adjuster visited they approved the claim and replaced his roof??  Cost was excess £200 and a claim of £960.

So my advise is DONT walk on bay windows as they really aren't designed for it!!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 08:50:38 am »
 I buy a broom handle and taper the bottom to make it fit my squeegee and applicator and carry that around in the car.l