Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

Help
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:09:48 pm »
Hi been using wfp freedom trolley 5 weeks now i'm pleased with the equipment and my set up at parents garage (i live in flat and on water metre but no room).
I have 640 ibc tank with submersible pump fill 10 20 litre barrels using about 160 litres a day.

mixed feelings from my customers some love it others hate it but have told them I'm obeying the laws of land etc and stuck to my guns.
 but can be quite soul destroying some days, if you get a couple of moans in a day.
 had some spotting but now i do 2 or 3 windows top frame only then go back and do glass seems to be working.

was wondering how you deal with silly comments
i.e you clean my windows at 3pm and ground wasn't dry till 5.30pm?
i didn't realise you were using that contraption now; the dirty water running of the glass will make my walls dirty.
Best one was "your not going to use that inside are you? this customer made it clear she didn't like it. But when she found out her sister w/c was using it, she changed her mind (cow!)

also trying to work in rain now any tips dealing with un happy customers
ie what to say without getting in row
lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

DaveBrown

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 03:50:59 pm »
"you clean my windows at 3pm and ground wasn't dry till 5.30pm?"

"Thats awful madam, and did you notice any spotting on the slabs afterwards?"

"i didn't realise you were using that contraption now; the dirty water running of the glass will make my walls dirty."

"Are you saying you would like me to give you a quote to clean your brickwork too?"

"your not going to use that inside are you"

"You're quite right madam -  how perceptive you are. I certainly know where to come for tips and advice."
 ;D

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 05:16:51 pm »
Have a search for "wfp explanation letter" or something similar.

They need told!

You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Majestic

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:20:33 pm »
you clean my windows at 3pm and ground wasn't dry till 5.30pm?"
Yes thats a free service we now provide ( ground cleaning )

P®oPole™

Re: Help New
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 05:21:16 pm »
Hi lee,

I was in the Abbey today, give me a bell sometime and I will meet you for a cup of tea and chat. I will let you know all the ins & outs of wfp, dealing with anti-wfp customers, using wfp to the best of its ability, I know nearley every trick in the book an will pass them on to you, what a gentlemen I am, a.

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 10:02:57 pm »
Don't sell yourself short. SELL to your customers the BENEFITS of WFP and don't forget to mention the Work At Height Regulations. When a customer complains, take in any positive critiscism (and try to correct yourself the next time), then let the rest of it go out the other ear and completely dismiss it as bull****.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 10:02:25 am »
thanks all,
I have got a letters i carry on me explaining law etc,
I was going to put these out before using new system but decided against it,
as If the customer was never in anyway they wouldn't know(what you don't know doesn't hurt you)
I just told the customers I see.

one yesterday said the system doesn't do as good a job as you on ladders; I'd explained if you weren't happy you should have said and I would have come back and corrected the offending windows I'm not going back to ladders and if it's down to your perished rubbers on upvc frames; then i'l find you another w/c.

when she showed me inside the kitchen window there were a few tiny spots :o.
I try to do kitchen windows trad if i can reach as i know these get put under the microscope.

thanks everyone.
many thanks Alex will take you up on your kind offer, will be in touch :) Lee
I hope one day to be answer people's question's on here instead of asking so many.
Just like to say what great people and what a great site.
Have a good weekend all!
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

welmac

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 10:21:09 am »
i just wonder what these people say when it rains and their path gets wet and the walls get wet etc  ???

just takes some people a while to get used to change!