Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pro-fresh

cotton poly 3-piece
« on: October 09, 2006, 03:52:43 pm »
Hi all

Have only been in business a couple of months so I am still a little nervous about cleaning suites. I know cotton suites can be a bit tricky, but what about 75% cotton 25%polyester. it is cream and was bought from Next.
Has anybody had any problems with these before.

Thanks Kevin.
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk

Doug Holloway

Re: cotton poly 3-piece
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »
Kevin,

It should be fine, don't go too high on pH and don't get too wet.

Cheers

Doug

cleanability

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:55:21 pm »
In my experience suites are the least of your problems. Never had a prob with them. Use same cleaning powder for suites and carpets. Have even wet cleaned every suite that has said dry clean only on them with no probs. I probably see more suites that say DONT dry clean. In my experience suites dont shrink and I've never had a colour run. I'm careful and will turn a suite down if I'm not completely happy to clean it. This is a great web site but if you constantly read problems then  you can be a bit paranoid about every possible prob that mite happen every time you work.

Chris

david_m

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 10:51:43 pm »
hi there Kevin

the best way to learn and gain confidence in upholstery cleaning is
to clean them all, iam with cleanabilty on that one
in my starter year if i wasnt sure i just tested first then done a clean
test on it.
I used to use a clear upholstery tool so that i could see if any colour was running but there never was havent used that for about 4 years now.
i have never turned a suite away yet have done a few that bigger franchises wouldnt touch good excuse to get a good price for the job

if your not sure that you are going to get a good result just tell the coustomer first

what i tell them is if your not happy with the clean just dont pay me
i have never had a coustomer not pay me.
i know it can be a bit nerve wreaking at first  but if you always do your best for the coustomer and be up front with them your job is half done

always use the right chemicals
if useing detergents you  need a carpet cleaning product plus a seperate upholstery cleaning product your supplier will advice

if cleaning white suite i may sometimes use oxybrite a prochem product
also fabric restorer is good prochem also
but for 99% of the time i use good old micro splitters

davy

ps i take it you have had some sort of training if not then may i sujest that you do so.

pro-fresh

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 10:49:53 am »
Hi
Thanks for all the advice,much appreciated.

I just seem to have a problem with natural fibre suites, I cleaned one yesterday and it was a terrible job. A big Habitat  4 seater and chair, it was 20 years old light blue and had never been cleaned, although she had washed the cushions in the machine and they looked really clean. The arms the sides and the back were brown as if they were covered by tobacco tar but it was a no smoking house. I have seen similar before on a white suite and had the same problems again, what ever chemical I used hardly anything happened maybe just a slight lightening of the brown colour.

Any ideas
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 04:52:47 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Washing machines and their enzyme based chemicals are almost impossible to match on a dirty suite.

However there are ways of getting an effective clean.

Prespray with a good degreaser, you could consider an enzyme based product but be aware of the possible health implications , especially if children with asthma are likely to be around.

Allow a dwell time and work in with a microfibre cloth.

Extract with the water hot, say 70c.It is worth running some water into a bucket so that your water temp is near the tank temp.

I would also use an in tank detergent.

Obviously you should colour test before hand but if the washing washine has not caused colour run , then you are unlikely to.

Cheers

Doug

Billy Russell

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 02:44:07 pm »
hello doug, are there any enzyme pre-spray you could recommend?

Cheers
Will ;D