Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

BACKPACK V TROLLEY
« on: October 09, 2006, 01:05:34 pm »
Hi

who uses what ?...................apart from van system, do you find the backpack or trolley system easiest...

i cant decide which to go for so i thought i would get some opinions here,

i feel im heading for the shurflo bp.. but only holds 16 litres ...

would love some opinions here guys.

thanks

Gary.

Toff

Re: BACKPACK V TROLLEY
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:11:17 pm »
I wonder if your only doing part of the work with the backpack to save water is it heavy and (can't spell auquid ? ackwould) and if you are doing all the work with it how often do you refill it.

david wood

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:26:08 pm »
i started of with a trollie 50ltr wich i did like but getting it up steps and trying to weel it round bikes and plantpots and things was a pain getting it in and out of the car was a pain aswell. then i got a van set up wich i also liked it holded more water wich was great but pulling the hose round houses all time did my head in and the hose was always getting cought every where.i now use a back pack i have done for about a year now i find it a lot better and less things to carry in the van aswell

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 03:01:08 pm »
I have a backpack but I'm finding it a pain I just dont like refilling it and carrying it around I'm going for a van system after christmas but will also be getting a freedom trolly as well,  I'm sure it will be easier to swap a barrel rather than refill from one.

Sussex by the sea

stevef

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 03:46:49 pm »
I have a 25ltr barrel on a sack truck with a backpack sat on top. I use this only once or twice a month to clean hard to reach jobs.
it's handy but just like trollys it is time consuming and akward to use
so ok for the odd job but no more

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 04:49:13 pm »
I gotta say, i've got trolley and backpack only. No van mount. About 5 months ago a few things went wrong with the trolley, so i was relying on my backpack 100% I've now got my trolley up and running again no probs, but I'm finding that the backpack does everything i need it to do. Ok the refilling is a bit of a pain in the proverbials, but putting that to one side, the backpack is soo much more versatile, ya don't have to worry about will it,won't it fit down that alley,path etc etc. Sure it needs filling more that puttin a new container on a trolley but only by 2 to 1(approx)
To be honest,apart from 3 or 4 jobs that are commercial, i could quite happily work all day every day with my US of A ebay backpack. Not one thing has gone wrong with it in over a year. And at £130 including delivery(exchange rate is good)  :) it's a no brainer. My opinion, i know. But hey, there's a few of them around here  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 04:54:18 pm »
I've a fifty litre trolley system, which I'd probably use (as a van-mount), if I had a van; but use my backpack doing tops-only, mostly.

Saying that I did about 95% of the windows today purely with the backpack.

geefree

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 06:37:36 pm »
thanks,

it seems they are all around the 16/18 litre mark, but i would say to keep things simple i would get the back pack.

apart from the one on ebay , £190..... and around £273 from shurflos own website...

does anyone know of anywhere doing a good deal on one?

gary.

master cleaner

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 06:44:20 pm »
cleantech £215 including delivery

gary

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 06:49:03 pm »
I only have a backpack and 18' pole and salmon swivle brush.

Lifting and filling the backpack I believe I have got sorted.

I have mounted the backpack at back level on the back of my trailer.  I have 6 x 30ltr barrels in the trailer and use a caravan submerable pump to fill it
I fill up the barrels at night with the caravan pump from the Water Butts
Not Perfect - But Honest

Extremeclean

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 07:02:12 pm »
Try Andrew McCann at Freedom 01472 347519

I spoke to him today about a van mount he is doing for me and he offered me one for £195.00 delivered.  I have bought them from him before at £199.00 delivered. Ready converted for use with WFP.

You find the odd one for sale 2nd hand but not very often at all.

geefree

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 02:07:14 pm »
thanks again for your replies... you all seem to have really good set ups...

will make a few calls...

dino, where did you get your backpack from please?

gary.

billygoat

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 02:32:57 pm »
I got my backpack from USA via ebay, £130+£25 import charges.You do need some fittings to convert it to wfp and an adapter for the battery charger,so about another tenner

Takes about 2 weeks,worth the wait for the savings.

Pole2pole

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 03:03:18 pm »
Hi Gazza. Got it from a seller called bonbon_pebbles. Based in cali forn ia. I've just received my second pack from them. Item number: 170036253208 should take you there. They are 100 legit and answer any questions you may have. Would recommend every time. Hope this helps

david68

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 12:16:07 am »
Gazza you know my choice at the moment.

I have a freedom trolley which is good, but to start of with i would go for backpack.

Reason is:

Your round is like mine and you will need to change over to wfp as cheap as you can (skint like me... :-\).
You then have the cheapest option of wfp system when needed, combined with your trad methods.
More money then can be laid out when you have proven that the wfp method in your area is taking of.

Then you buy a transit 06 plate with one of them big water tanks in or you buy a ladder stop.

So my method would be cheapest route first to see what lies a head.

Well i think i have covered this for you.......... ;)

See you all after christmas........ :'(.....

Dave

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 08:07:05 am »
I got a trolley system from Peter Fogwill in Feb '05. In March - Sept this year I've made a few changes.

In answer to the original question most of my work is with microbore from the back of the car and a few awkward jobs with the backpack.

(all this time I've been running a rare old  Honda Accord Estate of similar dimensions to a mondeo)

Ditched the trolley frame, bought shurflo backpack from cleantech but kept some 25L barrels - like D Salkeld's above - it's heavy when brimmed full so his idea of a platform is good - mine sits by the rear driver side passenger door in a frame I made up.

Put in 175L tank lengthways behind front passenger seat and put two 25L barrels in front footwell and two behind the drivers seat. So evenly distributed I've got about 290/300L on board including backpack.

I've got 100m microbore on a metal reel to the right of the main tank and an 85a/h battery, 100psi pump  and varistream behind it.

Also bought an autobrush too.

In fact the only original stuff left is my R/O and my unger poles!

If I get a van/trailer it can all go in and I can put in a bigger/another tank too.

It's a game of three halves!

geefree

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 09:10:28 am »
cheers mac....
does the sureflo work ok or will i need a better pump

gary