Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Takings per day we aim for?

35.1%
40 (35.1%)
17.5%
20 (17.5%)
24.6%
28 (24.6%)
9.6%
11 (9.6%)
13.2%
15 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 108

rich hand

Re: Per Day
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2006, 11:11:40 pm »
and not forgetting it's really hard physical work too! and there's an awful lot of people out there who will always be more than happy to pay a professional who will produce a far better result in a far quicker time and with no need for them to even break into a sweat! ;D
                      all the best
                                        John

Really hard ;D

Damian

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2006, 11:22:30 pm »
Must admit Rich when im dragging my twelve stone bulk up all them steps into van and i cast a glance at the driver of the municipal-multi-occupancy council type thing that does 20 mph with main beam on-i think-ive gotta license for that and 6 quid an hour-i could be that laid back-AND THAT HUGE-never! ;D No i dont want them dreams, please mam make the bad dreams go away ;D
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

carpetguy

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2006, 07:57:47 am »
So now it's hard work.!!!!!Compared to what ?

Bricklaying / Warehouse worker / Leatherworks Operative / Landscaper just a few jobs that are physically more demanding than c/c and pay around £10 per hour, more for the self employed obviously, but don't kid yourselves, that this is hard work.

You might work fairly hard, in short bursts, but on a day to day basis, how many clock on for an eight hour shift and have to perform throughout that shift.

I think some of you are trying to justify your charges, because you know they are excessive.

Some will be giving a lot more of themselves than others and deserve to get a higher return, but the majority of carpet and upholstery cleaning, is just that, cleaning!!!

Additional services will give additional earnings, which is fine, but 9 times out of 10 the job is cleaning and it's not particularly hard, neither do you need to attend College or Uni' for years to become qualified.

robbie

rich hand

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2006, 09:03:18 pm »
Ok so ive just given myself a raise  :)