Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S_RICHARDSON

Window Cleaner's Leg
« on: October 08, 2006, 09:06:44 am »
Does anyone out their ever have this so called: "Window Cleaner's Leg". Were you basically get drenched by your applicator/dog as it touches your trousers.

Very Annoying!

:D ;D :D ;) :) >:( :( 8)

Majestic

Re: Window Cleaner's Leg
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:23:47 am »
I put a old pocket behind the boab ( threaded through my belt )so its resting between my bucket and leg . That way the old pocket gets most of the water

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:56:01 am »
Forget about  the "bucket" part of BOAB - use it as a third hand, not a reservoir.

An Unger "Monsoon" applicator holds the most water without dribbling everywhere, if you're using one of them, give it a dip and a squeeze out and there's still enough water on it to last a while. When it's moist, not soaking, it shouldn't wet your leg when inserting it into the boab.

Plus, if you're using a soaking applicator there's more liquid to wipe up from the window after it's been bladed - taking more time.

That'll be a fiver, thanks.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 12:52:32 pm »
The laugh is when you go into the local shop at lunch time for a coke without your belt on and some little kid is trying to tell it's mother that you have wet your trousers and she is desperately trying to shout her kid up and ignore the situation.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

geefree

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 03:31:55 pm »
Hi,
i have not had any water on my leg yet, even though im new, i just squeeze most of the water into the bucket, just enough to wash windows left on it... thats it.. no water on me .. ever ;)

lenny1

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 06:52:51 pm »
if your using the new unger bucket on a belt these make your leg wet. buy a classic unger better best on the market no water on leg and doesnt knick your blade all the time.

JM123

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 07:00:31 pm »
I have the white unger boab - its cr*p, wet leg syndrome all the time, plus it constantly turns round so that the applicator has the habit of falling out.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

gaza

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 09:43:35 pm »
The first time I used bucket on a belt climbed over a fence and it soaked me through [in the middle of winter] no joke went home to get ghanged.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

reah

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 09:47:22 pm »
Yep done that blooming anoying very easy to forget about the b.o.a.b when going over fences

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 08:50:10 am »
Sow, how many people who get a wet leg, actually fill it up with water?

I could never understand why people get one, yes maybe a bit damp, but certainly not wet....every now and then I empty mine because of a little bit dripping off my Applicator

Quote from:
Forget about  the "bucket" part of BOAB - use it as a third hand, not a reservoir. An Unger "Monsoon" applicator holds the most water without dribbling everywhere, if you're using one of them, give it a dip and a squeeze out and there's still enough water on it to last a while. When it's moist, not soaking, it shouldn't wet your leg when inserting it into the boab.

Yep, that's what I'm trying to say :)

pjulk

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 04:50:14 pm »
I use a BOAB and don't get a wet leg.
Got Unger classic and Unger new type that takes two squeegies.

I never put any water in mine.
I use a monsoon sleeve and wring a lot of the water out.

I have seen people in the past with applicators that are dripping with water.

That is way to much you only need slightly wet and less mopping up two.

Paul

Cascade Home Maintenance

Re: Window Cleaner's Leg New
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 06:22:44 pm »
Jack here from British Columbia Canada. I do alot of post construction cleaning. Alot happening here with the Olympics coming.

Anyway. I do get wet leg only because I have to keep my sidekick full so that I can hit the same window twice to ensure silicone and other debris is removed the first time.. along with several others before having come down the ladder for a dip.

On the other hand, when it is a residential client living in a two story or a bungalow....I never get wet leg.

;D