Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Wall Ties
« on: October 09, 2006, 05:38:40 pm »
I have been aske do a  quote for a job that needs to be done trad and use wall ties.
The person has had a company do it with a WFP and they said they were rubbish. They have had wall ties fitted . Has anyone used them before , how does it work , do you place the ladder in between the tie then fasten it to either side of the ladder . Are there special straps you get for fixing  the ladder

jeff1

Re: Wall Ties
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 05:44:57 pm »
Use rope tied to your ladder and fit carabeana's, to the other end of your rope, you can buy them from a sports shop, these will allow you to just clip your rope to the ties, (there used in rock climbing and absailing etc) make sure they fit into the wall ties.

JM123

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:44:50 pm »
and make sure you charge at least double what you normally would.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Chris A

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:21:11 pm »
John, how high do the ladders need to be? I've got some krabs and spare rope if you need them. By the way a couple of people are interested in having their windows cleaned monthly at Admiral Point, some are ground floor and some are 1st and 2nd, would you be interested? They are dotted about all over the buildings so I cannot be arsed with the travel etc. If you are interested I'll put up a notice in the reception advertising your services, number if that's ok.
Chris

bluesteve

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:33:14 pm »
karabiners!
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 09:35:19 pm »
Chris
The job is ground floor , 1st, 2nd floor.
Did you get the e mail I sent you .
I could always fit a couple more customers in , if you want to give them my number thats ok.

Chris A

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 09:44:14 pm »
Ok John I'll give them your number, didn't get the e mail chris@northwestaccess.co.uk.
Chris

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 09:51:23 pm »
karabiners!
Ok smart arse I knew what they were called not how to spell it. ::)