Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Marks on Windows
« on: October 09, 2006, 06:50:17 pm »
Please can anybody help.

I did a first clean with WFP this afternoon for a new customer who has just recently moved into this house. Although the windows downstairs were dirty – they hadn’t been cleaned for ages, I noticed nothing untoward with my first inspection.

Once the windows had dried off the bottom half of each of the downstairs window panes looked as though a soapy / oily residue had dried onto the glass (the top section of each of the glass panels are perfect). The reason I say oily is that it has left a similar pattern that oil on water does, even to the bluish colour. The glass surface looks as though it is smeared with lime scale but its not white. It is definitely on the outside of the glass and looks as though something was applied with a cloth to the window as far as they could reach previously as the top of this residue is in the form of an arch.

A second attempt with my brush failed to make any impression on this residue. In desperation I took a little Jif (the only abrasive stuff I have in the van) to a corner of the window and with much elbow grease managed to clean this residue off.

Had thought of going down to our local glass merchant for some abrasive glass cleaner but can see myself at this for hours. Has anybody ever come across anything like this before and if so any suggestions would be much appreciated?

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Re: Marks on Windows
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 07:52:55 pm »
Yes i have cleaned lots of glass with limescale deposts etc etc and it will easily come of with mdr or even better crystal clear.

The first is a deposit remover and will come off with a little elbow grease and a NON scratch pad the second is an acid based glass cleaner...excellnt and will get 99.9% of deposits off glass

Spruce

Re: Marks on Windows
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:36:00 pm »
Hi
Thanks for the advise
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)