Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

new transit ??
« on: October 07, 2006, 08:34:15 pm »
has anyone on here got one i am thinking on buying one but not sure becase they are so new and would like some feed back if anyone has one  lwb t350   would be ideal but any coment on any of the new ones would do  thanks guys
yours the davis

supernova77

Re: new transit ??
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:39:51 pm »
Would you really buy a brand new van?

Isn't it a waste of money, they loose a lot of value as soon as you drive them off the forecourt!

Surely you would be better off buying something thats 18 months old or something?

The Vauxhall Vivaros look good.

Andy

simbo

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 09:11:56 pm »
i am looking at setting up swb transit connect as at the mo work from kangoo and getting a little small, all i can say is they drive superb i fell in love with the one i test drove. look at spending around £5500 on a good one, i cannot wait to get mine

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 09:21:19 pm »
iknow what you are saying about buying a new one but i got caught the last  time buying one three years old  looked great for a year then they brought out the last transit  so mine got dated rather quick still drives superb though but looks old if you know what i mean ..
its the same as the merc sprinter they have just changed shape aswell so you buy the old shape one for a bargin  and in two years time it has dated a good bit as well
its a tricky one where image is everything ......
its a good bit the tax man dont get though

neil100

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 10:38:24 pm »
When I looked last year about buying a van I searched the adds and was shocked at how much nearly new vans cost.

So I decided its a new van for me.

I put down a formula which was, I want the most cubic carrying space, with the ability to carry at least an 800 ltr tank full to the brim with all my gear, and for it to cost me the least amount of money.

So I bought a Fiat Ducato, A bog standard vivaro could not handle an 800ltr tank and keep me on the right side of the law. I liked the vw transporter but it was so much more expensive it was a No No.

So I got my van including tax for £9750.00. For me it was the right Decision. Granted it looks dated but it gets me from a to b and I have all the toys to play with. My van was bought to earn money for me, I view a van as a van.

If styling is more important to you blow another 4 or 5 grand on one. In my book value for money is king.

Nel.

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 10:58:55 pm »
Ive had a couple of Fiat Ducato's not for window cleaning, but in my mind they are probably one of the best value for money vans that are on the market. You can get very good deals on brand new ones, go for a JTD Diesel engine, you cant beat them.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 12:22:31 pm »
i am looking at setting up swb transit connect as at the mo work from kangoo and getting a little small, all i can say is they drive superb i fell in love with the one i test drove. look at spending around £5500 on a good one, i cannot wait to get mine

Can't see how a Connect is going to help you as it the SWB is virtually the same size as a Kangoo
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 12:27:46 pm »
has anyone on here got one i am thinking on buying one but not sure becase they are so new and would like some feed back if anyone has one lwb t350 would be ideal but any coment on any of the new ones would do thanks guys
yours the davis

It's basically the same Transit as previously with a front and cabin change. Mechanicals similar to previous models. Look for 'pre registered' at dealer showrooms. End of August / Sept is when special clearance deals from Ford usually happen. They will still have old models to clear. Hallmark models have everything.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)