Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

After having used the one first batch of Superlite DT's, I bought the improved one, with the shorter bristle length, and closer packed bristles.

I used it today on several cleans from first clean to monthly, and 8 weekly, and some new upvc leaded in there for good measure.

What can I say, wow, what an improvement in scrubbing power, I always felt the first DT lacked scrubbing power on upvc, and first cleans, and some stubborn muck. But this one just makes short work out of everything. Spider muck, birds muck, etc, it's all easy.

The brush looks a bit different, but the feel of it, is much different.

First impression was, that it's a bit stiffer, but after doing a couple of windows, beading and sheeting, I noticed it was 'just' right, brush doesn't splay as much, but that might also be because it's new, over the day, I got used to it, maybe it broke in a little bit, I'm not sure.

You can notice it on leaded windows, the brush makes a bit more noise, but doesn't skip or bounce in my opinion.

I always like to keep the frames clean and this brush doesn't just clean glass well, but is brilliant for upvc as well, especially those spider stains, works very well. Did a small bit above windows, upvc boarding, which had very hard birds muck on there, the stuff that you use a scraper on when traditional, soaked and pre scrubbed it, 30 seconds later scrubbed it again, and it was gone, pretty good I thought!

Another thing that very much surprised me, is how clean the brush stays? The bristles are more densely packed, but even on some dirty cleans, I was pleasantly surprised that the brush stayed really clean, even at the end of the day. The other one was great, but this one is just as good, perhaps even a bit better.

This is my new preferred brush, from all brushes I've tried (Vikan rectangular, bentley, Ionics crinkle,and normal mono) I would have to say that it obliterates them, weight, cleaning power, everything.

I think the original one, like Alex said, definitely has it's place, for higher level work it takes less effort for the brush to splay I think, and for maintenance cleans, it's still an excellent brush. My work seems to be more suitable to the new one, with more dirt on the glass and frames, even though some are monthly.

What can be improved?

Since a Dual trim is ideal for upvc frames, almost like the inner trim slots in, I still want to see a full row of inner bristles. It's too empty. People would like to see it, just like they needed more scrubbing power, shame this hasn't been implemented, it's going to suck buying yet another one of these when the next revision comes in and all of the sudden would have more bristles. I do not see why this hasn't been improved. 4 more bristle tufts wouldn't make it more heavier? If people want to have more space around the jets, it's as simple as getting pliers and taking them out, creating more space.

But, I shouldn't go on too much on that, I even feel that that might be a bit too negative, and props is where props is due, and I'm absolutely delighted with this brush, it's 95% perfect I would say. Took the chance with the new one, because I wanted to go with a Tucker, to try that out, but I'm glad I gave this brush a chance, and I got two free Gardiner pole system pens too!  ;D

Delivery was very quick as well (like always)

Thanks Alex, Kirsty, and all the others at Gardiner Pole Systems, again, like always, I'm a happy customer.

ps outthere

Thanks for the review.
I am looking at buying a new brush, this helps the decision.

Paul

geefree

me too, and gardiners lol.

Wayne Thomas

New improved brush is just as good with hot wfp and doesn't lose it's shape, even used it for gutter & fascia cleaning quite a few times when I haven't had a pressure washer, given it loads of abuse but it still retains it's shape. Very good brush IMO.

pingu

I too have been using the 2nd release of the DT and as G' has said it does feel stiffer to the touch I have found that out of all brushes i have used from Vikan mono>Bently's this brush keeps it's stiffness (note to self...stop using this word!) keeps shape whilst on the glass but also is long enough and supple to reach the nooks and crannies (this is just getting worse!).

Time will tell whether the brush stands up to contiued abuse but initial use does look good and you'll be sure that no brush will suit everyone and there will always been something someone wants changing but on the whole...I would buy one again.

But what you can be guaranteed of is that you'll get fantastic service from Gardiners whatever...

Alex and his 'posse' have yet again supassed themselves this week when I damaged my SL-X..I DHL'd it to them thursday (@14:56 from Holland) it arrived to them on Friday(@15:16) and he repaired it friday afternoon/evening and I'll hav it back in the land of cloggs, cheese, windmills and bad driving next week.

So Alex....I publically just want to say Thanks for your repeated and continued excellent service...getting it right once is expected but to do it repeatadly takes real effort and pride in your business.. ;D

Cheers
Dave.