Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveBrown

How to WFP????!
« on: August 04, 2006, 11:53:41 pm »
Please help me out fellas, I've just done my first week WFP. Yes, it does a good job in fact all customers are delighted - but at a price. I am taking absolutely ages to clean the windows! I really dont know how much is enough. Could you tell me how you do it, ie; How long do you scrub for, what way do you rinse them (up/down or side/side, etc) and for how long? I need to do em quicker or the mortgage wont be getting paid this month!!

Thanks very much

Dave

jeff1

Re: How to WFP????!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 08:32:16 am »
Please help me out fellas, I've just done my first week WFP. Yes, it does a good job in fact all customers are delighted - but at a price. I am taking absolutely ages to clean the windows! I really dont know how much is enough. Could you tell me how you do it, ie; How long do you scrub for, what way do you rinse them (up/down or side/side, etc) and for how long? I need to do em quicker or the mortgage wont be getting paid this month!!

Thanks very much

Dave
Hi Dave if you email me I will give you a link, so yo can see a video of a first cleen with wfp.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 08:54:18 am »
Hi Dave,

Try a day out with someone in your area. I am sure if you ask you will get a day out.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff evans

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 10:50:37 am »
Hi DAVE.

You will find that there is no such thing as a easy first clean.

You have to remember that wfp is a tool like the squeegy, you need to work from top to bottom, if a window has a top opener you need to do this first and give it time to drip off, if it is over a side opening window make sure you scrub well in the gap between them, thats where most of the crap will be.

Its all about technique and everybody will do it different, but it is mostly about having the confidence to walk away from the job, and this is very hard to do when you first start with wfp.

The ideal way to start is spend a day with someone as trevor says, failing that it comes down to trial and error.

Hope this makes some sort of sense,its very hard to try to explain in words what you do.

Cheers Jeff

pt

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 10:53:56 am »
I am in the same boat. Started a few weeks ago and was cleaning less then half the numbers then normal, this means that it will take me more time untill next clean. I have speeded up but I think we just have to bite the bullit and take the advantage a few months down the road. So as long as the morgate is paid and I have enough money to go snowboarding in Jan thats how I am thinking. As to cleaning this is how I do it now
1) Do one window at a time.
2) Give the top of the window and frame a good scrub, rinse.
3) Continue to clean glass and frame, working side to side. Working downwards.( Now the top of the winddow will have shed most of its rinse)
4) Start to rinse from top of window, build up head of water and chase downwards. Rinse well.

This has worked well for me, but i realise this will probably change as I get more experience.

Many Thanks,

Paul.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 01:01:23 pm »
hi dave
i won't bother to answer your question as that's been done
but just to say you do get better and quicker in time,
stick with it and good luck
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 12:04:33 pm »
Ok guys, I know that some of you wfp/tops and trad the bottoms (?), given that I 'presume' the tops will continue to drip long after the bottoms have been cleaned and dried...does this present you with problems, if yes could you advise of the best way to do this.

Cheers
Dave :)

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 12:12:40 pm »

Dave,

You have to wait for the drops to finnish overwise you will have to do the
  bottoms again. Normally takes 10 mins so do all the tops front and back then
  go back to where you started.

Each house is different, some the water will run down the wall all around onto
  the window and some will drip off the wall hitting the bottom window sill.

Doug

neil100

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 04:45:42 pm »
Dont worry.

Dont think of the time it takes, just concentrate on cleaning them properly. First cleans are a nightmare so try not to compare with trad cleaning.

When you clean them for the second time you will find your faster then trad,after that it will be up up and away.

Nel.