Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

does a web page really work
« on: August 03, 2006, 02:31:49 pm »
i have had  a web site for a few years now and have had hrdly any trafic through it .....so have not updated it for about five years dont see the point ,,,,,m,bee if you only chase comercial work its beter ,
on average what kind of responses do u guys get monthly it must work for some  and if so what other marketing do you use to direct it to your site ,,i have it on my flyers and b,cards  but dont seem to do the trick any answers for your old pal shammy davis ,,,,come an all you whizz kids out there

pylofm

Re: does a web page really work New
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 05:53:54 pm »
Hi Shammy..websites in general for most companies are an add-on rather than a full on sales line, just consider it an additional info stream. One point about websites is that I find if I go to a website and it is out of date...I normally do not bother going any futher....it is a bit like not answering your phone, does'nt make the potential customer feel good about your company.

Others may have very different views about this...it's just what I think ;D

Cheers
Dave.

supernova77

Re: does a web page really work
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 06:38:30 pm »
I have a website so that I can advertise it on my flyers etc... People can then take a look at it to find out more info about my services.

It also looks more professional when you are trying to pull in commercial work.

You won't get any traffic to any website if you don't push it in the search engines and link to other sites etc...

I have used Google Adwords from time to time to advertise and have got some good work through that, so my website seems to work for me.

Andy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 06:43:10 pm »
About six months ago I had a visit from some e-commerce guru which normally would've cost me around £400.

But this was some sort of Welsh Assembly initiative, so I got it for free, so I'm pretty clued up about this sort of stuff, but condensing a one-hour conversation into one post is difficult, but I'll try.

A web-site alone is not good enough by itself.  It would be like having a shop hidden away in a cave.

You can pay for 'clicks' (but personally, for my operation, I don't think this would not be worth it).  For us small regional operators, a website would be better as a 'brochure' for your company.  For example you could send out mailshots to local commercial properties and use the website to enhance your mailshot.

Also, a professionally done and paid for site is best (according to the e-guru), since there's less chance of making yourself look stupid; therefore having the opposite effect of what you're after achieving.

You should also opt for a company that will produce a site that gives YOU control to update stuff.

I hope I've been of some help here.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 07:02:37 pm »
thanks for the replys so far these points of veiw and many more hope fuly  will give me the boot up the ass i need to revamp my site ,its the thought off having to sit down with a teafal nut and go through the crap like i know what im talking about  ::) i mean im bizzy dont get me wrong but  i think i lost faith in the  web page  but i supose its a window for my company  ,, for people to take a look at .. keep them comming i could be perswaded to return from the dark side

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 07:36:01 pm »
Shammy,

Whats your website address?

Andy

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:02:17 pm »
just type in shining bright cleaning co. lanark and you should get the dinosoar click on the conservatory and come in lol if you dare  ;D our www.monoblockcleaning.co.uk
i should charge you what is the going rate for the gost train these days lol     :o  havent up dated e mail on it yet  i left virgin net about four years ago  will one day when my faith is restored