Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

If Pay Per Mile Gets Introduced by those Muppets.
« on: Yesterday at 09:48:54 am »
How many of us would need to put up prices the day this drops?

It's a big tax on those who works out on the roads.    I bet Amazon Prime will double it's price 😂
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dd

Re: If Pay Per Mile Gets Introduced by those Muppets.
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:41:33 pm »
Which muppets would you prefer to run the country?

I would take all media speculation with a heavy dose of salt and some chilli sauce.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 05:51:55 pm »

I would take all media speculation with a heavy dose of salt and some chilli sauce.

When will people learn that 99% of journalists just want their articles to be read and to be accurate?
It's a game of three halves!

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:33:57 pm »
We already pay tax per mile when we fill up at a filling station

JandS

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 08:10:51 pm »
I do very little mileage now.....between 4k and 5k a year and some of that is social.....slowly got rid of some work in Bradford as they have a scheme similar to ULEZ in place now....quite a few tradesmen round here won't take on work in there now......
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

NBwcs

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:42:48 pm »

The right wing  Express and Mail have come up with every horror scenario out regarding the up and coming budget, its scaremainering at its worse. It was bad enough when the Tories were in , social media  frightening people to death about energy prices but its gone up another level now. The most frightening thing ive read about it was the possibility of means testing the state pension. It just doesn't do anyone in business any favours whatsoever all this speculation, and most of it is all political points scoring,

NBwcs

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 09:49:37 pm »
How many of us would need to put up prices the day this drops?

It's a big tax on those who works out on the roads.    I bet Amazon Prime will double it's price 😂

Some of the less extreme media articles are suggesting that it would be aimed at electric vehicles only, as this is an area which the government is losing money on.

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:08:02 pm »
The right wing  Express and Mail have come up with every horror scenario out regarding the up and coming budget, its scaremainering at its worse. It was bad enough when the Tories were in , social media  frightening people to death about energy prices but its gone up another level now. The most frightening thing ive read about it was the possibility of means testing the state pension. It just doesn't do anyone in business any favours whatsoever all this speculation, and most of it is all political points scoring,

Funny you should mention means testing the state pension. When I started in the fire service I told the guys I don't expect to get a state pension if I have a fire service pension and they all laughed. If she freezes the tax free allowance till 2028 (began in April 2022) then we will begin to pay tax on our state pension. We have more public sector employees on pension than working in the public sector so where does all the money come from to pay both? In the end something has to give no matter who is in Number ten.

dd

« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:14:44 pm »
With most on £60 per hour plus any likely small increase should be easily absorbed.

A far bigger threat to profits over the next decade will be the effects of global warming and resulting extreme weather. Already I dread the summer more than the winter, but at least I should be retiring in the next couple of years.