Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ian m

CLX beyond section 7
« on: October 14, 2024, 09:46:59 pm »
Hi Folks

So for my higher stuff I am happily using my CLX.

Thing is for just a couple of windows I could do with reaching just a wee bit higher.

Does anyone know if any of the other ranges of  poles sections could be added on to increase my range?

For example the SLX range

From the blurb the CLX section 7 handle diameter is 40mm and the SLX section 8 is 43MM

Anyone know of anyone who has tried this?
I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

AuRavelling79

Re: CLX beyond section 7
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2024, 10:30:09 pm »
Hi Folks

Thing is for just a couple of windows I could do with reaching just a wee bit higher.

Does anyone know if any of the other ranges of  poles sections could be added on to increase my range?

From the blurb the CLX section 7 handle diameter is 40mm and the SLX section 8 is 43MM

I should send an email to Gardiner's asking the question.
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2024, 10:56:25 pm »
A 40’ CLX. Wow.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2024, 11:00:30 pm »
A brave man indeed !!
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

zesty

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2024, 06:54:45 am »
That’s hard work, even an slx at 40ft is brave.

Might be worth getting an xtreme pole for that height, you’ll need it for other jobs in the future. Worth the investment!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2024, 09:20:19 am »
Hi Folks

Xtreme 47. Mine is at least 12 years old. I bought it in a sale for £850. It gets used for around 10 jobs a month. I used to have a supermax 40 but it was really bendy and cumbersome to use and no good for high level skylights.

If you only use it for a couple of windows on your round I'd consider just skipping them windows or sacking the job off altogether...

It's just not worth the added expense and potential shoulder injury pal
price higher/work harder!

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2024, 02:36:30 pm »
Xtreme 47. Mine is at least 12 years old. I bought it in a sale for £850. It gets used for around 10 jobs a month. I used to have a supermax 40 but it was really bendy and cumbersome to use and no good for high level skylights.

I have an Extreme 47 after adding bits but its near £1500 so £850 was well worth it and still worth that amount today. I reckon Extremes will only go higher in price when Sir Keir puts up businesses NI tax in a few weeks. If anyone is thinking of buying equipment then get your order in now. I ordered a new set of tyres today as they were still at same price I got them 3 years ago. 

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2024, 05:55:07 pm »

I have an Extreme 47 after adding bits but its near £1500 so £850 was well worth it and still worth that amount today. I reckon Extremes will only go higher in price when Sir Keir puts up businesses NI tax in a few weeks. If anyone is thinking of buying equipment then get your order in now. I ordered a new set of tyres today as they were still at same price I got them 3 years ago.
You must have paid an over inflated price three years ago😂