Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash and dash

Re: Transit connect, somethings popped 😱
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2024, 05:56:04 pm »
Its all swings and roundabouts. A small van is great if just cleaning windows and maybe a roof rack for a ladder. Today I was spraying a large community hall roof with hypo and clearing out their gutters. After that I sprayed the top of windows, pvc doors and the underside of gutters. Finished off with the wfp to clean everything I had sprayed. The big van is perfect for this type of work and great for advertising. In the end its the function of the business one is running.

I'd want to be turning over at least 80k a year before I'd even think of getting a large new van like a crafter

Thing is large vans aren’t that much dearer than much smaller ones , it’s not about the cost of the van it’s the type of work you are doing that will determine the size of van required

Always shining

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2024, 07:31:11 am »
5 minutes ago you were talking about how window cleaning and gutter cleaning was far more profitable and that you were ditching the ‘other work’.
Now you’ve inevitably flipped back to ‘add ons are the way forward again’!
Which is it?
I know as I have done both for many years.
There isn’t another ‘trade’ out there that has the benefit of regular work. No need to  go chasing work, driving all over, quoting. Consistent  earnings. Ability to virtually never be weather dependant.
Jealousy - that is quite funny to be fair!
And there is nothing that you could do to help me with my business. Others yes. You almost certainly no.
You talk drivel pure and simple.
And that is of course all my own opinion.
Have a great day ‘Scottish’ ‘Michael Mc’ or whoever else you may be!

dazmond

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2024, 08:37:18 am »
Its all swings and roundabouts. A small van is great if just cleaning windows and maybe a roof rack for a ladder. Today I was spraying a large community hall roof with hypo and clearing out their gutters. After that I sprayed the top of windows, pvc doors and the underside of gutters. Finished off with the wfp to clean everything I had sprayed. The big van is perfect for this type of work and great for advertising. In the end its the function of the business one is running.

I'd want to be turning over at least 80k a year before I'd even think of getting a large new van like a crafter

Thing is large vans aren’t that much dearer than much smaller ones , it’s not about the cost of the van it’s the type of work you are doing that will determine the size of van required

They are 3 times more expensive
per month to lease  according to Michael...£630 a month!
price higher/work harder!

Splash and dash

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2024, 08:56:50 am »

Couldn’t comment on leasing we buy our vans but bigger vans aren’t that much dearer than smaller ones if buying new , all are grossly overpriced

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2024, 09:18:20 am »

That's for the top of the range new Crafter. You can lease a Citroen for half that price. Anyway with the recession coming thick and fast I have noticed VW are having problems selling nearly new stock. Their used to be 30 odd and now there is nearly 80 for the MWB ones. Big construction companies are going bust and their orders have been cancelled. That's why there is many that look like vans that do work on motorways with red and yellow chevrons on the back doors. One company had nearly 3,000 employees.

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2024, 09:20:21 am »
5 minutes ago you were talking about how window cleaning and gutter cleaning was far more profitable and that you were ditching the ‘other work’.
Now you’ve inevitably flipped back to ‘add ons are the way forward again’!
Which is it?
I know as I have done both for many years.
There isn’t another ‘trade’ out there that has the benefit of regular work. No need to  go chasing work, driving all over, quoting. Consistent  earnings. Ability to virtually never be weather dependant.
Jealousy - that is quite funny to be fair!
And there is nothing that you could do to help me with my business. Others yes. You almost certainly no.
You talk drivel pure and simple.
And that is of course all my own opinion.
Have a great day ‘Scottish’ ‘Michael Mc’ or whoever else you may be!

Always moaning more like, just ignore me and move on. We are too busy on here to get involved with you.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2024, 09:38:07 am »
My vans back on the road lads 😂😂😂
This topic has taken a bit of a swerve 😱😂😂😂

dd

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2024, 10:37:40 am »
My vans back on the road lads 😂😂😂
This topic has taken a bit of a swerve 😱😂😂😂
Like that never happens.

Good news on your van