Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Web Hostings
« on: August 25, 2024, 04:41:29 pm »
What hosting companies are you using at the moment?

Going to migrate mine to a new provider depending how difficult it is to do.  I'm with TSO host who will soon be closing its doors down after so many price hikes and demolished customer service.  They are transferring everyone over to 123 Reg who have a bad rep too.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

simon w

Re: Web Hostings
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 08:45:28 pm »
What hosting companies are you using at the moment?

Going to migrate mine to a new provider depending how difficult it is to do.  I'm with TSO host who will soon be closing its doors down after so many price hikes and demolished customer service.  They are transferring everyone over to 123 Reg who have a bad rep too.

I'm with TSO Host too and have had the email saying it's transfering my domain names over to 123 reg before the end of this month, I'll probably just go with this for the next year and see how it goes. I ran it past my web designer and he's said the same.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2024, 07:08:27 am »
Problem is TSO has already closed its doors as there no one is getting any Customer Service help.   I am reading some horror stories on FB and Trust Pilot that people are now being locked out of their account. 

If that happens its impossible to migrate yourself.  Some are reporting website has gone offline and others are saying they can't renew SSL, domain name or hostings not being able to log a ticket as they are locked out of tsohost.

123 reg are just as bad, these are also owned by Go Daddy.  Expect issues when TSO transfer you too them.  They won't care.

I'm thinking of jumping now before I get locked out.  ionos seems the best bet at the moment.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2024, 08:33:53 am »
I recently moved from tso host to hostinger no complaints

michael mckeary

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2024, 08:42:15 am »
I was thinking of dropping my website and just keep the mobile number on the van. Nearly all my new customers come from neighbours where I clean and word of mouth.

Ggh

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2024, 05:34:42 pm »
Used Clook for a few years now. Nothing too disastrous has happened. Our website brings in a lot of work and it’s critical that it ALWAYS works.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2024, 01:14:42 pm »
Problems already started with TSO Host.  My SSL certificate was paid for and renewed by TSO, but they failed to install it.

TSO cannot be contacted now and 123 Reg could do nothing until end of October.

Lucky I could still log into my cpanel account and found my certificate, downloaded it and uploaded and installed to to my domain.   Almost fried my brain, but fixed it myself.