Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

Snail Trails (again)
« on: July 31, 2024, 06:53:28 pm »
Right, so we all turn the water off and scrub to get them off? I tried something different today. I wear a set of bags when I'm cleaning (keep my keys and cloths in them). What I did was wet the glass and I wrapped a micro fibre cloth round the brush. Scrubbed the glass with the cloth on and then WFP the glass. Sounds time consuming but I reckon it's quicker than scrubbing the life out of the glass.

Give it a try if you haven't already 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

Stoots

Re: Snail Trails (again)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2024, 08:01:47 pm »
I just leave em

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2024, 08:04:14 pm »
Often thought an elasticated microfibre you could slip over the brush would be handy for the odd upstairs windows that get snail trails on them.
I often use a damp microfibre on snail trails before I put the brush on them on downstairs windows. Works well for the most part. I do it by hand though

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2024, 08:10:08 pm »
My water is so hot at this time of year in the warm weather that it really helps to get off the snail trails,bird muck and insect marks...

sometimes it just melts the dirt off the glass
price higher/work harder!

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2024, 08:39:10 pm »
We look at them, they look through them.

michael mckeary

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2024, 09:14:58 pm »
I had new ground floor windows to clean and you could still see where the stickers were. Got a cloth and put some pvc cleaner on it by mistake as I thought it was Iso and it worked a treat. Probably work well on snail trails, watch this space.

james peters

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2024, 07:13:09 am »
diamond shine water additive (used to be added sparkle )   snail trails and bird poo  go with minimal effort

NBwcs

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2024, 11:13:27 am »
diamond shine water additive (used to be added sparkle )   snail trails and bird poo  go with minimal effort

Hi James, from the write up on it, it sounds very similar to "vision", which would put me off putting in the tank but is the viscousity thin enough to go through a small hand held plant mister so you could just use it on particularly badly effected windows?

michael mckeary

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2024, 05:59:27 pm »
Did a few big jobs with cold water today. Meant I had to scrub a bit more but I think I will be sticking with hotwater from now on. Saves a fair bit of time running with hot water and quicker on the trails also.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2024, 11:05:05 pm »
blow torch seems very effective  ;)
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

michael mckeary

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2024, 06:54:46 am »
blow torch seems very effective  ;)

Yes, very effective on old rusty bolts also.  😉

james peters

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2024, 07:13:12 am »

Hi James, from the write up on it, it sounds very similar to "vision", which would put me off putting in the tank but is the viscousity thin enough to go through a small hand held plant mister so you could just use it on particularly badly effected windows?

yes.  although you would only need a drop. i use 1ml per 100 ltres of water.    I know a lot of people aren't a fan, but I wouldn't be without it now

Viscount

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2024, 05:38:24 pm »
Using the Reach-it superlite brush with the scrub pad in the middle scrubs them right off. I swapped their scrubby for medium course aquarium pond filter sponge and cut them to size and they just take snail trails right off.

jay moley

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2024, 05:04:42 pm »

What stopped you using vision?

Does anyone else use TFR on first cleans? Mate of mine recommends it.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2024, 05:31:47 pm »
Every first clean is done with tfr - we charge extra for the time taken but makes future cleans a breeze
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NBwcs

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2024, 06:41:25 pm »

Sorry, only just seen your post. Early pump failure being one of the main reasons I wouldn't use vision plus I just wouldn't be comfortable leaving bubbles on the glass, I would spend an eternity rinsing,

Splash and dash

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2024, 06:58:25 pm »

Sorry, only just seen your post. Early pump failure being one of the main reasons I wouldn't use vision plus I just wouldn't be comfortable leaving bubbles on the glass, I would spend an eternity rinsing,

It also accumulates in the bottom of the tank like a gel and will block the pump , it’s a placebo and not necessary anyway , why spend hundreds on filtration to remove impurities then chuck that straight in your tank madness 😂😂

Missing Link

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2024, 10:28:48 pm »
I just leave em

Me too; never had a complaint (about snails trails).
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am