Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Pole hose kinking
« on: August 20, 2024, 03:19:06 pm »
Hi guys. It’s driving me mad. It doesn’t seem to matter what hose I use (Gardiners all season/reinforced/Streamline/other PVC brands)

Is this quite typical when it’s hotter? Ps I have a cold water system and use an SLX on a hose reel.

Cheers

Smudger

Re: Pole hose kinking
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 03:24:56 pm »
The majority of the time hose kinking is down to the operator - what can happen is you twist the pole continually one way  (ie clockwise) try to take note how you take the pole off the van and on return twist it in the opposite way
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

michael mckeary

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 03:29:28 pm »
You never get it if you run with hot water.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 03:39:59 pm »
The majority of the time hose kinking is down to the operator - what can happen is you twist the pole continually one way  (ie clockwise) try to take note how you take the pole off the van and on return twist it in the opposite way

This has been said before but in certain other temperature conditions it’s absolutely fine. Even when I put the pole back in my pole holder/gutter in the van the hose seems to kink up. Also for example with certain hoses they are fine when not connected into the 21 rectus fitting and lovely and soft but as soon as I click it into the fitting the pressure from the pump/system obviously runs down the hose and stiffens it up if that makes sense.

I’ve tried previous suggestions of even coiling up the pole hose clockwise then anti clockwise etc etc.  It doesn’t seem to be working. The weather must be a factor too.

Splash and dash

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 04:25:20 pm »

This has been said before but in certain other temperature conditions it’s absolutely fine. Even when I put the pole back in my pole holder/gutter in the van the hose seems to kink up. Also for example with certain hoses they are fine when not connected into the 21 rectus fitting and lovely and soft but as soon as I click it into the fitting the pressure from the pump/system obviously runs down the hose and stiffens it up if that makes sense.

I’ve tried previous suggestions of even coiling up the pole hose clockwise then anti clockwise etc etc.  It doesn’t seem to be working. The weather must be a factor too.

It’s definitely operator error in 20 years of WFP never had theses issues , I think it’s down to always turning the pole the same way you might not realise you are doing it . Some hoses are better than others but we have  tried most over the years and the exceed and Gardiner’s green pu and yellow pole hose are the best , hot water will make them more supple but they also work fine with cold .

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2024, 05:24:18 pm »
What do you mean turning the hose the same way? Do you mean in terms of coiling up in between moving to the next window? Sorry to be so clueless

Splash and dash

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 05:55:02 pm »
What do you mean turning the hose the same way? Do you mean in terms of coiling up in between moving to the next window? Sorry to be so clueless

It’s easy to turn the pole the same way all the time putting a twist in the hose when using it , coiling up the hose can do the same thing , but when connecting it to the pole it should swivel on the Rectus fitting to a degree , just try and make sure the hose isn’t coiled when connecting it to the pole if the hose is in a straight line of a curve it shouldn’t coil up , we do coil up the pole hose between windows on some jobs but it never stays that way when put back on the ground .

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2024, 08:37:17 pm »
Thank you Splash. I will give it a shot with keeping hose straight when connecting to fitting . It’s more the coiling when walking from front to back for example as no need to coil at front if a decent length pole  hose .

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2024, 06:20:11 am »
I’ve had the same over the years,I’ve used two pole hoses one from pure freedom (years ago) I now use gardeners which doesn’t seem to kink so bad,but other times it does.
When it starts doin my head I remove the pole hose from pole and put it in a bucket of hot water to soften it, as I remove it from the bucket I stretch the hose with my hands,this seems to sort it out for a while

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2024, 10:24:23 am »
I’ve had the same over the years,I’ve used two pole hoses one from pure freedom (years ago) I now use gardeners which doesn’t seem to kink so bad,but other times it does.
When it starts doin my head I remove the pole hose from pole and put it in a bucket of hot water to soften it, as I remove it from the bucket I stretch the hose with my hands,this seems to sort it out for a while

Thanks Colin. It’s good to know I’m not the only one and going mad! I will try your suggested idea of the hot water also 👍