Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Viscount

First roof clean
« on: August 04, 2024, 10:01:06 pm »
I've been asked to quote a roof clean - a 30's property, and quite substantial. I have an 8-9ltr per minute petrol washer (Jefferson) which kicks out 186 bar. I just got it for a small drive clean and my own use. Not being used to pressure washing it feels like huge floods of water coming out and blast dirt. But reading on here, it's really not powerful at all.

Literally never even looked into this before. I was thinking of getting a pole adapted to pressure washing and hiring a tower. There's plenty of space for it on both sides and adding some wheels diy to the end of the pole to help it rest on the roof and roll it up and down.

I'm going to do my own licheny roof to practice.

Any advice would be welcome. Actually please please help.

Smudger

Re: First roof clean
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 03:10:08 pm »
Other work this way and good luck to them as I feel from this angle you run the risk of water ingress under the tiles.

tiles are designed to be water proof from falling rain that in my opinion is the best way to pressure wash them - so get a high access machine.

yes your p/w is far too small in LPM and pressure (BAR/PSI) - hire one for this job
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Viscount

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 09:25:13 pm »
Thank-you for the advice. I saw someone on YouTube using a small flat surface cleaner. Would this work? And do you think that a 15 litre per minute would be enough - using a tap?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 01:40:52 am »
15 LPM - yes if your hiring for an odd job as you can feed from a mains tap - if your buying then 21 LPM ll the way.

FSC will work - as said above their is more "risk" of water ingress due to the angle to the roof and spinning motion but there are factors like the type of roof tile you are using it on etc...

I have as a last resort used a 12" FSC on roof cleaning - its just another option/tool in the box
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience