Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: New VW Crafter
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2024, 07:56:10 pm »
All 3 at main dealers - at the time relays were on offer

Maxus still a cheap option

Boxer I got because we needed a large van quick - less than 20k on the clock
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Bungle

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2024, 08:07:20 pm »
Citroen Relay - 5 YO - brought new @17K
Maxus - 3 YO brought new @16K
Boxer H2L2 - 3 YO brought on its second birthday 20K ( last year )

only vanity would drive you to splash out 56k - especially when your turn over is about 20K a year (judging from your posts)

It's bought not brought!

Why the hell do people say this instead of the proper word?

My pet hate is your instead of you're. You can't educate the uneducated Daz 😜
We look at them, they look through them.

DJW

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2024, 08:26:14 pm »
Citroen Relay - 5 YO - brought new @17K
Maxus - 3 YO brought new @16K
Boxer H2L2 - 3 YO brought on its second birthday 20K ( last year )

only vanity would drive you to splash out 56k - especially when your turn over is about 20K a year (judging from your posts)

It's bought not brought!

Why the hell do people say this instead of the proper word?

🤷‍♂️ no idear.

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2024, 09:22:20 pm »
Yeh i kind of regret buying a new one

I paid just shy of 29k inc vat and its now worth 13.5k at trade in price maybe 15/16k private...

2 years old with 13k miles 

Financially an old van will alway win

CleanClear

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2024, 07:47:55 pm »

I paid just shy of 29k inc vat and its now worth 13.5k at trade in price maybe 15/16k private...

And thats exactly why just about every large and succesfull company and blue chips all buy used vans instead of new ones.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Splash and dash

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2024, 08:37:23 pm »

And thats exactly why just about every large and succesfull company and blue chips all buy used vans instead of new ones.

What a load of rubbish it’s totally the opposite they buy new vans for tax reasons look at all the big firms they don’t get second hand vans , Amazon , BT , water companies , local authorities, DHL, DPD  and so the list goes on .

michael mckeary

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2024, 08:56:41 pm »
They don't buy new vans because they lease new vans and lucky if they keep them for 3 years, as you say its all about tax. Even when they pay Vat they are allowed to claim the Vat back. Big companies need reliability above all else or they lose the contract, customers and worse of all their credibility. Once they lose that then they enter a downward spiral, take a look at Intel. Once the biggest chip maker in the world till 2020 and now they could be heading for bankruptcy.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2024, 11:08:58 pm »
They don't buy new vans because they lease new vans and lucky if they keep them for 3 years, as you say its all about tax. Even when they pay Vat they are allowed to claim the Vat back. Big companies need reliability above all else or they lose the contract, customers and worse of all their credibility. Once they lose that then they enter a downward spiral, take a look at Intel. Once the biggest chip maker in the world till 2020 and now they could be heading for bankruptcy.
I don’t think Intel are facing bankruptcy over their van choice!

michael mckeary

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2024, 03:52:28 pm »
I don’t think Intel are facing bankruptcy over their van choice!

Yes, wasn't their van choice but their chip choice, they focus on the wrong AI one. My mechanic mate has his own garage, he knows what vans are good and what ones are bad. There is a big problem with the new shape Sprinters. They have a plastic manifold and seem to go around 5 years old. They could change it to metal but it is a 2 day job and brings in plenty of work. That's the only reason I'm sticking with a Crafter in the future.

CleanClear

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2024, 04:29:47 pm »

What a load of rubbish it’s totally the opposite they buy new vans for tax reasons look at all the big firms they don’t get second hand vans , Amazon , BT , water companies , local authorities, DHL, DPD  and so the list goes on .

Don't do sarcasm do ya ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

robbo333

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2024, 05:02:35 pm »
I would ruin a new van, or even a modern van!
My furthest round is only 15 mins away from me (my other rounds, normally only about 10 mins away, or literally just round the corner), the van has hardly had any chance to even warm up before I start cleaning.
And then for the rest of the day, I am only ever one minute away from my next job, or collection of jobs.
My poor old van never really gets a good run, unless I actually remember and take her out early on a Sunday morning. I absolutely love my van; 2006 Hiace, I wouldn't swap her for anything.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"