Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

6mm ID hose reel hot hose
« on: June 23, 2024, 11:24:46 am »
Need to replace as my fairly new pure freedom 6mm ID hose, split and leaked water this week, close to spindle with majority of hose on reel, the spec say's it's good for up to 60 degrees, what with it being summer and not losing much heat, temperature was probably more than 60 degrees passing through point in which it split. Anything better, or better off just ordering the same??

michael mckeary

Re: 6mm ID hose reel hot hose
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2024, 03:34:47 pm »
I run two reels with the 100m of Red and Yellow Exceed all seasons hose. Think its a ton for 100 metres. At the beginning of my reel I have the thick 12mm red hot water hose from Grippatank but a nightmare to work with so that's the reason I cut it and fitted the Exceed hose on it. That reminds me, I need to order a roll of Exceeds Orange PU hose for my Softwashing Nano Trolley so I don't get mixed up.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 08:00:11 am »
Need to replace as my fairly new pure freedom 6mm ID hose, split and leaked water this week, close to spindle with majority of hose on reel, the spec say's it's good for up to 60 degrees, what with it being summer and not losing much heat, temperature was probably more than 60 degrees passing through point in which it split. Anything better, or better off just ordering the same??

If it's near the spindle just cut that bit
of hose off and reconnect.its happened to me a few times over the years.its usually caused by the barb on mine because it's a tight fit and the jubilee clip/o ring cuts into the hose over time due to heat and pressure....

I use the same hose BTW...mines 4 years old now
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2024, 03:16:10 pm »

If it's near the spindle just cut that bit
of hose off and reconnect.its happened to me a few times over the years.its usually caused by the barb on mine because it's a tight fit and the jubilee clip/o ring cuts into the hose over time due to heat and pressure....

I use the same hose BTW...mines 4 years old now

I done that straight away Daz 🙂 and will probably just order the same again as I've been using PF for my hose for years now.

Jonny 87

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 11:08:02 pm »
Sorry to say but the good pure freedom hose is no more.

They’ve been bought over by window cleaning warehouse, and the last “pure freedom” hose I ordered was totally different. It was like spaghetti and it lasted a few weeks with hot water.

I’ve moved on to grippa hose and Daqua now.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2024, 09:54:12 am »
Sorry to say but the good pure freedom hose is no more.

They’ve been bought over by window cleaning warehouse, and the last “pure freedom” hose I ordered was totally different. It was like spaghetti and it lasted a few weeks with hot water.

I’ve moved on to grippa hose and Daqua now.

Good 'heads up'.
It's a game of three halves!

michael mckeary

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2024, 02:20:17 pm »
I bought a roll of Blue and roll of Orange from Exceed the other day and I see they even do Grey.