Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Bolt down hose reel advice
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2023, 11:48:28 pm »
the odd house ?

bit presumptive of you ....

personally I would find  constantly disconnecting the pole on re winding more off putting  - or worse still having a loop of hose hanging under the van and in through the back door.

each to their own  ;)

Yes some only do a few houses per day .
You still have to wind the hose in what ever method you use so that is no different.
Takes seconds to disconnect the pole and reconnect to the return to tank
Thought you did more pressure washing than window cleaning ?

like most things you thought wrong  ;D

but you know compared to you were all part timers  8)

Perhaps you should re read what I put I ended it with a question mark , I thought you did more pressing washing  ?
If my posts get you that wound up and you always have to try and have a dig might be best to ignore or block me so you don’t have to see them .

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2023, 12:02:50 am »
you thought - and were wrong (again) however I am way past expecting you to ever admit you got something wrong...

your posts don't wind me up mate - I just expected a higher standard thats all
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2023, 07:59:16 am »
I have two Claber reels. The one out the side door is screwed to the ply on top of my tank.

The one I use most out of the back sits in a wooden tray (Fixed throught the van floor with 4 short 10mm hex head self tapping bolts) I have made which snugly fits the base tubes of the reel. It is about 60mm deep and the reel sits in it. If the angle is right and I am happy for the doors to be open I pull the hose straight out the back.

Or I can lift the reel out and angle it in any direction by virtue of the fact that the hose feeding the reel is long enough.

Because I use reinforced pole hose on my reels they weigh much less than microbore and are easy to lift in and out. Because the hose is much thinner than microbore I can hold up to 35 metres in one hand, already pulled off the reel before going to the first (if any) pinch point and walking to where I want to work on the property.

Edited:
Hi Gold, I was thinking of adding pole hose to my electric reel myself, but I have a few reservations about it becoming a trip hazard as it doesn’t lie flat on the floor like micro bore. Have you had any issues with this, any problems with the pole hose going across roads? So pole hose coming out your back doors ( now now ) and running at 90 degrees across a road, isn’t there a risk that the hose can ride up a bit off the ground near the back doors and risk getting caught up in a cars wheel arch?

I use streamline red which I have always bought from Soap National it is the thread reinforced kind.

It seems no different from microbore to me but when cold I use an immersion heater anyway so that makes it supple.
It's a game of three halves!

robbo333

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2023, 04:35:02 pm »
I work out the side of the van, so for me it's a straight run out and back 98% of the time.
My electric reel is bolted straight onto the top of my lay flat tank; yes bolted straight into the plastic; no problem at all. It's also at shoulder height and the reel in button is right by the door opening so everything is quick and to hand.  My pole is hanging horizontal inside the van, by the side door opening, so it's easy to get in and out and it stays connected to the hose reel.
I also use 30m of reinforced pole hose on the end of my reel, light, lays flat, easy to use; it works very well for me, but I don't run it across the road.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2023, 07:34:09 pm »
you thought - and were wrong (again) however I am way past expecting you to ever admit you got something wrong...

your posts don't wind me up mate - I just expected a higher standard thats all

Sorry to disappoint you  😂😂😂😂

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2023, 07:37:52 pm »
I work out the side of the van, so for me it's a straight run out and back 98% of the time.
My electric reel is bolted straight onto the top of my lay flat tank; yes bolted straight into the plastic; no problem at all. It's also at shoulder height and the reel in button is right by the door opening so everything is quick and to hand.  My pole is hanging horizontal inside the van, by the side door opening, so it's easy to get in and out and it stays connected to the hose reel.
I also use 30m of reinforced pole hose on the end of my reel, light, lays flat, easy to use; it works very well for me, but I don't run it across the road.

I run mine across a road occasionally it doesn't  seem to suffer any more than microbore.
It's a game of three halves!