Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cgh window cleaning

ManSafe System
« on: November 27, 2023, 02:07:43 pm »
Does anybody have any experience on using a Mansafe fall arrest system on a flat roof ?

Do you need a special attachment on the harness for it to move freely?

How awkward is it moving around will it add considerable time being attached when cleaning?

Trying to look online but a lot of websites just install  and test the system.

Thanks

zesty

Re: ManSafe System
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 02:18:40 pm »
I use it to do the windows of a penthouse, but I do the windows traditionally as there is no way to get WFP gear up there.

It doesn’t get in the way, but then I’m not using WFP. It’s a ledge about 2 ft deep, quite exciting. It’s not a sheer drop, it’s a 45 angle, with some other balcony’s below, so not too scary 😁

Why would you need it on a flat roof? Is it quite narrow?

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 02:32:05 pm »
I use it to do the windows of a penthouse, but I do the windows traditionally as there is no way to get WFP gear up there.

It doesn’t get in the way, but then I’m not using WFP. It’s a ledge about 2 ft deep, quite exciting. It’s not a sheer drop, it’s a 45 angle, with some other balcony’s below, so not too scary 😁

It’s on a block of flat’s the ground level has shops and restaurants then 4 floors of apartments it has a large flat roof but you can’t access the back with out getting on roof as they are just alleyways at the back of the building.
They have a Mansafe running the length of the roof.

Ggh

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 03:50:58 pm »
You need a test certificate and a split lanyard. We use them most days. Are you working in restraint or fall arrest?
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 04:44:06 pm »
You need a test certificate and a split lanyard. We use them most days. Are you working in restraint or fall arrest?

Restraint and the system is brand new so will have  new certification.

zesty

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 06:44:32 pm »

It’s on a block of flat’s the ground level has shops and restaurants then 4 floors of apartments it has a large flat roof but you can’t access the back with out getting on roof as they are just alleyways at the back of the building.
They have a Mansafe running the length of the roof.

I’ve also got a job like that, but the roof is absolutely huge, like a football pitch, so I don’t bother using it.

Be interesting to see how you get on working WFP with it, it’s probably a bit awkward I’d have thought…

Ggh

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 10:07:38 pm »

Cool. Different systems have different travellers. Mansafe/latchways have a bespoke wheel that fits on. Your best bet is to get a split lanyard so you are ALWAYS attached to the wire. Hard hat with chin strap too innit.
If you’ve been trained, you can use an adjustable lanyard allowing you move a safe distance from the edge.
From £350/day

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 06:16:23 am »

Cool. Different systems have different travellers. Mansafe/latchways have a bespoke wheel that fits on. Your best bet is to get a split lanyard so you are ALWAYS attached to the wire. Hard hat with chin strap too innit.
If you’ve been trained, you can use an adjustable lanyard allowing you move a safe distance from the edge.

Thanks I did think it had its own connection.Does the connection/wheel have a name?

Ggh

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 04:29:57 pm »
Shuttles or travelers normally.

This is for a mansafe system.

It will not work on any other systems.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266415319060?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Y8YmGbqxTEG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=KbOtxZ0aSXS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Honestly, you’re better off using a split lanyard with scaffold hooks. You can use that for any system.
From £350/day

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023, 05:47:08 pm »
Shuttles or travelers normally.

This is for a mansafe system.

It will not work on any other systems.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266415319060?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Y8YmGbqxTEG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=KbOtxZ0aSXS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Honestly, you’re better off using a split lanyard with scaffold hooks. You can use that for any system.

Top man.Thanks for the advice