Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Smudger

Re: Heated seats and no air-conditioning.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 09:35:25 am »
 ;D

ive always wanted that black charcoal finish for my interior !

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NWH

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 11:54:59 am »
They should do that to all Transit Customs I had one for over a week dreadful thing it was to drive,I didn’t know whether to tell the mechanic there was a problem near side or starboard side 🤣🤣🤣.

lal

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 02:16:18 pm »
They should do that to all Transit Customs I had one for over a week dreadful thing it was to drive,I didn’t know whether to tell the mechanic there was a problem near side or starboard side 🤣🤣🤣.

I have owned a Transit Custom from new,  Three & Half years old now,   Great Van to drive, has been very reliable with no
 issue's,  I've no regrets at all buying this van,  i would have no hesitation in buying another one if i had too.   :)

NWH

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 02:41:04 pm »
Lal that’s you’re prerogative my friend i drove 1 for over a week and I found it as gutless as a kipper and it drove like a boat,the gearbox was like a sponge and the door hinges they’ve used for that van must come from a fiesta or similar they couldn’t hold a bag of sugar.
The rear doors that clip in will last about as long as the new warranty,I’d never buy one a mechanic I know said don’t worry about all that you haven’t mentioned anything about the unreliable engines they put in em yet.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 05:14:04 pm »
Lal that’s you’re prerogative my friend i drove 1 for over a week and I found it as gutless as a kipper and it drove like a boat,the gearbox was like a sponge and the door hinges they’ve used for that van must come from a fiesta or similar they couldn’t hold a bag of sugar.
The rear doors that clip in will last about as long as the new warranty,I’d never buy one a mechanic I know said don’t worry about all that you haven’t mentioned anything about the unreliable engines they put in em yet.

Are you sure that it wasn't a vivaro you were driving?
I borrowed one of the Vauxhall  grippa demo vans the drive was terrible I got out of that and in the transit and the difference was huge.

I've had a custom for a couple of years great van and drive.Pulls well with  no problems.

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 05:36:35 pm »
I've had a custom for over 7 years. NWH talks utter bollox.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 08:58:24 pm »
If it was as gutless as you say perhaps it was the 100bhp version? I’ve had the 125bhp and now have the 170bhp and neither can be described as gutless.  Try taking that beastie boy VW medallion off yer neck, then you might be able to give an unbiased review😉

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 10:57:57 am »
Lol honestly it drove like a pig I had to employ a captain to steer it the gearbox was like something out of a toy,I’d never buy 1 of em my van is 8-10 years older and compared to that drives like a Bentley.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 10:59:59 am »
It had an H20’system in it probably no more than 400ltrs you’d think you had a 1000 in the back it pulled away like a filly that needs breaking in.

lal

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 05:33:34 pm »
Lol honestly it drove like a pig I had to employ a captain to steer it the gearbox was like something out of a toy,I’d never buy 1 of em my van is 8-10 years older and compared to that drives like a Bentley.

NWH,  please don't take this the wrong way, I'm only going to say this because i genuinely care,
 have you seriously thought about getting professional Help before its to late, there's still time ?

High-Tower

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 05:38:13 pm »
NWH does talk b******s mostly. But a Transporter is 100x better to drive than a Custom.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2021, 06:05:17 pm »
Oh blimey yeah different class of van even mine  being years older than the one I had,everything about that van I had spelt out cheap putting daytime running lights  on a van  doesn’t improve sod all someone should tell Ford that still badly cheaply made imo.

JandS

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 08:25:07 pm »
Mine is the 100 bhp version and it's fine for me......I only do about 6000 miles per year and not much motorway.....thought about remapping but not sure of costs.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2021, 08:41:30 pm »
A few hundred quid you would feel a huge difference even more if you had the 140 and remapped that,IMO the springs and shocks need changing from factory on those vans if you do any sensible mileage I’ve had mine uprated it sits level even when full and it makes a massive difference to the way it drives,if you look at it side on you’d never know if the tank was full or empty.