Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John_Flynn

Re: WOODBRIDGE TRUCK MOUNT
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 06:14:27 pm »
PileProfile

The guy you are refering to is my good friend Dave Lee, he admits that this happened through his NOT checking the oil level. Yes it was a Briggs And Straton engine, BUT NOT a Hydramaster.

I get better looking each day!!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 07:17:59 pm »
It was my engine that knackered out through lack of oil as the main reason. I have finally stopped kicking myself, beind a time served mechanical fitter, it shouldnt have happened. As John has stated I do not own a Hydramaster TM, but it could happen to any TM if theres not enough oil in the engine. Oil does seem to an issue with Briggs engines though, or is it just with mine.
The reason the oil was on the low side was because a few times I ended up over filling it - filled to correct level on dipstick, only to discover later that oil was slowly still finding its way to the crankcase. Contacted suppliers about this and was told the the engines have a very slow fill and empty. For this reason, when checking iol level, I wasnt too concerned if it was a bit on the low side, but obviously I allowed it to get too low.
After I did the first oil change on my new engine after 8 hours running time, I drained it whilst still hot. I then duly added the 1.6 litres fresh oil. Problems arrose again and I had to drain off half a litre to stop it being sucked up and choking the carb. Even though I left it half an hour to drain further after the flow had apparently finished, there must have still been half a litre somewhere in the system. The oil filter is only small and can not hold anywhere near that.
Incidently the manual gives the low oil shut down switch as an option, so will not be (as in my case) be fitted as standard in all cases.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

mark_roberts

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2006, 07:54:35 pm »
Any tips for changing the oil on a TM.

I park on a slight hill (oil drain pointing downhill) and drained when the engine was stone cold but it takes ages and then theres still a bit in the filter to spill when you take it off.

thanks
Mark

stevegunn

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2006, 08:32:17 pm »
Run the engine for 10 minutes or so till engine is warm then drain oil it will be a lot quicker.You will always get oil from the filter when changing it.

BRSL

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2006, 08:39:28 pm »
Hi Mark what TM have you got  ???

I dont think there is a lot you can do about the oil filter just have a rag ready, but warm oil does run out quicker, and removes all the sludge from the bottom of sump

But correct me if im wrong but I use sythetic oil, so why heat it up, I thought the viscosity stayed the same with sythetic no mater what the temp

Hi Dave Ive had the same on older machines where they like to run slighty low or they blow it out the filter, but never with new machines, do you use a v twin

No offence with the Dipstick comment  ;D ;D ;D

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

lee_gundry

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 10:26:52 pm »
warm engine
drain oil
flush with fresh oil 1/2 litre
slack of oil filter
place a plastic sandwich bag  over filter & fully remove
smear fresh oil on filter seal
fit new filter
REPLACE SUMP PLUG
add good quality oil

Lee G
cumbria

scott.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 03:04:38 pm »
Just to go off in a tangent....Woodbridge machines are Brilliant....I use their portables, and they perform supperbly....unlike another company based in chessington...the parts are cheap too..and customer service...exelant!...that was a plug woodbridge! gimme discount!! ;D

mark_roberts

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2006, 04:32:29 pm »
I was always under the impression to change the oil in an engine when it was cold?

But apart from that I do as Lee has said apart from the flush with new oil.  The sandwich bag bit works well but I forgot the last time ::)

Mark

Glynn

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2006, 05:41:58 pm »
Always drain engine oil when its hot.
Regards
Glynn

Dave Parry

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2006, 08:05:55 pm »
Also when changing oil filter, fill new filter with oil and let stand for a few minuits before fitting as it absorbs oil.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

phil jones

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2006, 04:24:27 pm »
SCOTT...

Discount ???? lol
That phrase is SO 2005, but hey, please give us a call and if we can save you guys out there doing a REAL job some money, we will.

We just want you c/c's doing the best job for your clients.
If you feel that we give you the best service and support to do that job, I'm more than happy !!

A big thank you to Steve Jewell and Dave Ingram for the feedback on your new units. I am very pleased that you are happy.

ps I never asked for that to be left, but the cheques in the post ! lol

Phil

jewell

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2006, 05:32:39 pm »
To answer the question of which van the T/M has been fitted in, the answer is a vauxhall Vivaro.

Yes it does fit in nicely and is well within the wieght specifications of the vehicle, i have also had fitted a sub mounted water tank which woodbridge were kind enough to fit at the last min.

I have now used the dual wands and the machine performed exceptionally well. ( im still impressed and so are my customers).

Im still getting used to using the machine but when i wasnt quite sure about something all i did was pick up the phone and ask, and my call was returned within 10 mins by 2 different members of woodbridge.

Chris R

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2006, 07:52:41 pm »
Jewel?
Is your Vivaro the SWB or LWB?
Do you also carry a portable?
thanks
Chris
Staffordshire

jewell

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2006, 04:18:34 pm »
The answer to the question of the SWB/LWB, is SWB and i also carry a portable.

With the correct loading of the vehicle everything fits like a glove.

If you any questions about the woodbridge machines all you have to do is contact them on 01279 422220 and they will be more than happy to answer any of your questions or issues you may have, like they did with me, so if your purchasing a T/M they will let you know if it will be suitable for the vehicle you want it fitted in and i also think that they sell vehicles for them to be fitted in.

Hope this helps.
Jewell

BRSL

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 04:36:12 pm »
If having a TM I would advise a big van, only imo

Ive got a lwb transit, and it anoys me i havent got anough room, I carry 450 ft of hose though which doesnt actualy take up that much room, but with a porty, vacuum, hose pipe, blowers, tool box, wands, safety ramp etc (I could go on) it doesnt leave alot of room for when I purchase RX or Rotory Dri master, plus those jobs that might be done on occasion with LM cleaning I need space for that too  ::) ::) ::)

Im going to buy a truck, only a little one twin axle will do ;D

what ever you buy I think head room is essential for maintainance of machine and waste tank,

If buying new, look into double side sliding doors, there not a lot extra

Hope this helps
James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

John_Flynn

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2006, 06:23:38 pm »
James

You got it right there, You can NEVER have too much space, would you believe that my hose reel alone takes up over 1 cubic Yards (for NONE British that is slightly smaller than 1 cubic meter).

cleaning co

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2006, 06:29:05 pm »
jhon u still not sold machine?

mark_roberts

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2006, 06:30:44 pm »
James

You need a lesson in space management!!

Ive LWB transit and have a ton of room.

I'll try to get a few pics tomorrow.

Mark

John_Flynn

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2006, 10:59:54 pm »
Cleaning Co

The van and T/M are been collected from me in the next few days, I thought I was out of Carpet cleaning but the work keeps coming in so I am struggling on and taking the Wad!!

Thanks for asking.