Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Catterick to doncaster
« on: September 19, 2018, 11:24:58 am »
Did someone on here say they did army houses in Catterick?
Just had an enquiry, who I'm pricing on monday for a regular clean plus conny roof clean and I mentioned the method in which I clean. She said her hubby was in forces and they had a chap who cleaned their "windows on wheels and a water brush" and asked me if it was the same 😂
I'll find out on Monday when I see her, see if she can remember and names lol (let's see what the reputation was like  ;D)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spruce

Re: Catterick to doncaster
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:06:53 pm »
Did someone on here say they did army houses in Catterick?
Just had an enquiry, who I'm pricing on monday for a regular clean plus conny roof clean and I mentioned the method in which I clean. She said her hubby was in forces and they had a chap who cleaned their "windows on wheels and a water brush" and asked me if it was the same 😂
I'll find out on Monday when I see her, see if she can remember and names lol (let's see what the reputation was like  ;D)

There are quite a few window cleaners in Catterick. Catterick is miles from Doncaster. That's on a par with window cleaners living in Darlingtom and travelling to work in Cambridge.

Son in laws father is in the army in Catterick. A moving population is what he refers to it as - here today; gone tomorrow.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:12:50 pm »
This thread is terrible Nathan even by your standards.  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 12:41:35 pm »
Ahhh,  just re read my post, it doesn't make a lot of sense does it.
Obviously this couple have moved from Catterick to Doncaster and mentioned their previous window cleaner in Catterick (army houses) cleaned their windows " on wheels with a water brush".

I recalled someone on here mentioning they cleaned army houses.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 01:07:09 pm »
Obviously this couple have moved from Catterick to Doncaster and mentioned their previous window cleaner in Catterick (army houses) cleaned their windows " on wheels with a water brush".

It’s Combat you’re looking for.......not literally!

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 03:29:13 pm »

Now it makes sense.  I'm told window cleaners charge next to nought in Catterick. ;D

combat1

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 08:52:09 pm »
I’m on Salisbury Plain, long way from Catterick.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 09:42:24 pm »
There was a cleaner on here years ago who cleaned windows for British army residents in Germany. As the army started to recall their troops in Germany this cleaner's work started to dry up so I think he ended up doing carpet cleaning for Germans in the end.

His user name was Cozy but we have seen him on here for years now.  I often wonder what became of him.

He commented how chasing money from people who had left was a bit of a challenge, but knowing the process was imperative to success.

combat1

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 10:20:37 pm »
I remember Cozy.
Its a different business model doing Military properties.
In June, July and August I lose around a third to a half of my Customer base as the Army moves people.
A bit frightening at first but March out cleans bring increased revenue until new people move in and start to use me.
I have an A board, sign written van and feature on the wives pages as well as dropping leaflets. Well known so get a lot of recommendations.
Bad debts are surprisingly low, but I do pursue the poor payers.
With the troops coming back from Germany the Army is building huge estates in my main work areas.
I wish I was younger! Would probably franchise it.