Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Isopropyl alcohol
« on: December 11, 2017, 10:29:55 am »
Will is stop water freezing on glass?

Managed to get my gear working today but it's freezing as it dries on the windows  :D

Sprayed one conny and the thing iced over like an igloo.

Last house seemed better so in two minds whether to sack it off or not. Still minus 1 apparently but I'm bloody red hot in all these clothes  :)

p1w1

Re: Isopropyl alcohol
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 10:47:47 am »
I'll google for you while i'm sat with my hot coffee in my spare room thats at a nice ambient temperature   ;D. To be honest i dont reckon it will stop freezing on the glass (you would probably need a high concentrate of it in your tank for it to do so) it's more to stop the water freezing in your tank. Connys always freeze in these temps if there has been no heating on in it.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:34:16 pm »
Nice day today for working actually. Apart from the water freezing this morning.

Yeh don't think the iso will be any good nor will hot water so I'll just suck it up and carry on as I am.

simon w

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 05:15:29 pm »
Doesn't usually effect the regular house windows as normally the heat from inside keeps the temperature up enough to prevent freezing. Conservatory windows are different as you've found out. Might just be easier to clean all windows and exclude conservatory glass until the freezing weather ends. We clean with hot in such circumstances this allows the conservatory   windows to be cleaned and rinsed but they will freeze as the water cools but appear perfectly clean once they've thawed and water has evaporated. Never had a complaint with this but tbh the majority of customers aren't home so perhaps none the wiser.

That said the weather in Bristol can be a hell of a lot less severe than in many other parts of the UK. Doubt if we've had it less than -1 so far this winter in Bristol/suburbs

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 06:15:33 pm »
Nice day today for working actually. Apart from the water freezing this morning.

Yeh don't think the iso will be any good nor will hot water so I'll just suck it up and carry on as I am.

adam it was -3 this morning and i was cleaning windows no problem with hot water.skylights that were covered in snow/ice,the hot water melted the ice no problem. :)
price higher/work harder!

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 06:36:42 pm »
It was -6 where we were working today .
I heated the water with immersion heater last night.
So not hot but warm water.
Helped me work a 5 hour day.
I have a gas heater( as discussed in other posts)
Only use this as a back up.

Tris

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 06:39:11 pm »

adam it was -3 this morning and i was cleaning windows no problem with hot water.skylights that were covered in snow/ice,the hot water melted the ice no problem. :)

Didnt have a problem melting ice daz, it was after i had cleaned and rinsed i noticed the water droplets were freezing.

Hot wont make a difference in this regard i wouldnt have thought? as it would soon cool and freeze

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 07:14:41 pm »

Didnt have a problem melting ice daz, it was after i had cleaned and rinsed i noticed the water droplets were freezing.

Hot wont make a difference in this regard i wouldnt have thought? as it would soon cool and freeze

hot water melts ice already on the windows and sills so you can clean them properly and give them a good rinse.whether the windows  freeze up or not afterwards makes no difference adam (the windows will still be clean when the temperature rises and thaws out the windows.)
price higher/work harder!